Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Monster Hunter 3, if you're into that sort of thing. It takes like an RPG and strips away most narrative, and basically just gives you fairly straightforward but difficult combat with deep armor customization. all you do is go out, hunt monsters, gather resources, and build a small farm. Its a lot of fun but if you're looking for an actual storyline stay far away.

I also second the recc for Okami. It seems like it was born for the console. however, some of the combat controls are weird.

brawl i think is overrated, as all you do is fight stuff. its great for friends over but otherwise i don't see much value in the game.
    I'll have to put that on my buy list. thanks epx.

I remember i had brawl for the wii and it was great.....

When i was younger, i would always play mario kart for the gamecube...... it must be 10x better with the wii

also, if you want, you should get like a light-gun styled game, where u point the wiimote at the screen and shoot. get an add on for the controller if you do though. Nyko perfect shot is a good choice. ghost squad, dead space extraction, and resident evil umbrella are all games like that

btw id rather u called me eps

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Monster Hunter 3, if you're into that sort of thing. It takes like an RPG and strips away most narrative, and basically just gives you fairly straightforward but difficult combat with deep armor customization. all you do is go out, hunt monsters, gather resources, and build a small farm. Its a lot of fun but if you're looking for an actual storyline stay far away.

I also second the recc for Okami. It seems like it was born for the console. however, some of the combat controls are weird.

brawl i think is overrated, as all you do is fight stuff. its great for friends over but otherwise i don't see much value in the game.
    Ahhh Monster hunter3. All of the creatures are different and provide the materials to build and upgrade different weapons and armor, and they are all done so well that they set a new bar for large scale single combat.

Seriously though, the combat with dragons and the like are where its at, with fast paced combat and a variety of weapons and monster behaviors that change combat. And teamwork is fun to, when a wyvern pins someone underfoot and start eating them you scramble to throw dung in its face to save your friend or take the chance to cut off its tail.

And dont be discouraged, the farm thing is just an optional time waster offline. The online play is what monster hunter is really all about. If you grab that game and get into it you might end up spending a few hundred hours playing deep and rewarding combat.

Literally though the end game takes over a hundred hours to reach. Its setup so that there is always another challenge for you to overcome. And nintendo approved DLC for the game so Im hopeful by the time Im far enough where things get to easy new monsters or events will be added. But right now I cant even imagine anyone completing the dual Deviljoe quest lol, not even my friends past rank 100. (im pretty into the series but Im only rank 40 lol)

Also, food for thought, they updated and polished the original Monster hunter and released it for the Wii, so I really have my fingers crossed that they add the original to what we have now, because they didnt reuse any of the monsters from the first game other then the Diablos and the Ratian and Rathalos. (but those last two are the very symbol of the series)
    Last edited by BobTD; 08-07-2010 at 01:08 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

No More Heros 2! Epic you get to play as a one handed ninja chick who is in love with the man who cut her hand off!

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

so your saying it isnt as bad as the first one right?

Im sorry Im not more helpful here, I have a wii but minster hunter3 is the only game I have for it. =/ (yeah thats right I got a wii just for that game lol)
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

i basically did too bob lol i have mh3 and okami.

well send a friend request to my character

"8Pan"

I lost a bet and my boss from the pizza store made me use my nickname... because I accidentally make everything their an 8 instead of a 6. =P

Well then I guess when I have the money I'll go out and get MH3 thanks for the help guys but try to give me some more ideas if you want ;-D

I wasn't as entranced by MH3 at first glance... and still haven't been drawn in D: Bob's disillusioned by that, of course, and is doing his best to convince me otherwise of the game that apparently has a deeper mechanic than I gave the time to discover (fyi Bob I tl;dr'd your post in this thread, sorry.)

GET BRAWL. SSB is timeless and if you are a nintendo fan/own a Wii you should have this game AT LEAST FOR THE EXPERIENCE even if you don't like it XD

me reminiscing about the whole SSB series for a while and sounding like a tool:

I've been a SSB fan since 64... and I've played hardcore on every version. 64 was the game that had the idea and it wasn't really a hardcore kind of game... Melee was a really hardcore tournament game although when people discovered various bugs/exploits (wave dashing, etc) various characters became unbalanced... and Brawl is like Melee on a serious chill pill.

expanding on what is different in brawl from melee and what that means:

They gave everyone so much DI in brawl so that you could make up anything last minute so that even noobs wouldn't find themselves walking into/trapped in various combos by a skilled player that could read their limited range of options... among other various tweaks to make the gameplay more approachable. All in all, the game became less serious and hardcore and more relaxed... which you know, is good and bad depending which crowd is playing the game.

Brawl is much more accessible to new players to the SSB series, but it shuts down that series' more experienced players.

how the mod community reacted to brawl and "fixed" it:

Various mods for the game have been made and the collection of the hacking communities projects can be found here. Brawl+ tries to fix the game by reintroducing some physics mechanics that we were used to in Melee to strip players of the ability to DI out of any combo... BBrawl (Balanced Brawl) attempts to balance the characters in the game with as minimal tweaking as possible to preserve the game as something that is still very much "Brawl" and not "Brawl trying to be Melee." P:M (Project: Melee) tries to turn Brawl into Melee and is still a work in progress.

Brawl- (Brawl Minus) is freaking hilarious and is the one my roommate and I have been playing for a while. They went with the montra "BREAK IT TILL IT'S FIXED" and buffed characters in the most ridiculous ways they could imagine and attempted to balance them that way.

This is the horror they created.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8AfA2gJStM&NR=1

I think I have an extra copy of SSBB kicking around here somewhere, Jacob, and I'm such a fan of this game that I need to spread the love and would send it to you (yes I just said I might have two copies of the game packed away somewhere, stop looking at me like that!)

Well, Bob got off on MH3 and I got off on SSB. This thread is now complete.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Thread Information