Default Halo: Reach Leaked

Continuing in the sad tradition of Halo 2 and 3 before it, Halo: Reach has apparently been leaked. Modders at Game-Tut.com found a way to trick Microsoft's servers -- which are currently hosting a $1250 download of the game's files intended for game reviewers and meant to only be downloadable with a code. The site has yet to openly leak the files to the general public.

It appears that the game is leaking other places as well -- at least one video shows off a tour of Forge in the game's Firefight mode, and spoilers for the game can be found everywhere from Bungie's official forums to NeoGAF (if you really want to see them, you can find them yourself).

What's most puzzling is why the game is being distributed to reviewers on Xbox Live Marketplace, as Bungie will be holding the usual review events for Halo: Reach that it's done with previous Halo releases. Whatever the reason, it seems to have facilitated an exceptionally early leak for such a high profile game.
    These modders love to do this crap lol
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 08-20-2010 at 01:37 PM.

They charge money to review their game? Does everyone do this? I always figured they demoed the game to whoever had the most subscriptions like gameinformer and such for the free publicity.

How is it even possible to charge money like that? I would tear into its every flaw if you charged me money to review it.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Well these modders want money for the most wanted game, according to everyone, so why not charge?

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    They charge money to review their game? Does everyone do this? I always figured they demoed the game to whoever had the most subscriptions like gameinformer and such for the free publicity.

How is it even possible to charge money like that? I would tear into its every flaw if you charged me money to review it.
    The press were given codes to download the review version, it's not even POSSIBLE to have 999,999 MSP on one account.

lmfao
    how unfortunate.

charging for pre-release version of a game? odd but it kind of makes sense..
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Thread Information