• iPod Touch (3G,4G)

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow The Best Portable Gaming Console

Well, lets vote for:
    1) Nintendo DS
    2) PSP
    3) iPod Touch

Well seriously I will never ever vote iPod Touch simply because it's not born for gaming though.

So yeh, I like Nintendo DS the most.

PSP with custom firmware and a GBA emulator!

I see a lot of people voted but didnt diversify, and thats probably due to people voting for the handheld they own and not knowing enough about the competition.

screw the ipod though, really. Ipods are an overpriced accessory for people who dont know a videogame from their moms lovehandles. if it doesnt have an analog stick or a dpad those are just time killing apps, not real games.

SO

Just to jump in here and toss some comparison around between actual handheld systems like the PSP and DS (and SP).

I have an SP to be honest. I play my younger brothers DS for certain games because I'm waiting for the 3DS to come out and the battery length on the DS is amazing. I played fire emblem on and off for 8 hours at work yesterday, never turning it off. The secret is to turn the screen brightness down and have the volume off.

Also an SP is like $30 from gamestop and has quite the list of worthwhile RPGs. Both the SP and DS are more of your strategy and RPG type platforms. You would be hard pressed to find good action titles because the lack of an analog stick limits developers. The closest to facst paced gaming you really see is in some of the side scrollers.

But on the other hand, the PSP is an expensive investment. But its used game selection is priced low enough that after getting one your could have a very nice selection of action games.

The PSP really feels like a system you cant play unless you have some quite time to yourself for a few hours. Like reading a good book its the kind of thing you do in your favorite chair (probably where you keep your charger as well). The quality of the games is almost the same as the PS2 in many cases. And because of the additional power and complexity of the hardware its not something you can get away with not charging for very long. (I have two batteries I charge so that I can swap them when one runs low)

While the DS/psp handhelds (especially the DS) are system you have pull out of your pocket and play for 20min during gaps in your busy schedule. And you can forget to charge it and be fine most of the time.

So it comes down to the type of games you like to play. When playing a handheld would you like to see complex graphics and exciting action or have a large selection of more traditional 2D type handheld games in a versatile and easy to carry around style. (folding screens for the win)
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I can't answer because I have a DS but I hate the kid games for it.
    never played a PSP and I would also never vote for Ipod Touch so I have no idea

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

PSP is pretty much awesome IMO.

i recken the ipod tpuch for its great unique games range

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    i recken the ipod tpuch for its great unique games range
    Well it's maybe unique but if you have wide range of option such as above and you said ipod touch is better portable gaming console than PSP or NDS, I don't really think it's make sense.

But it's all depend on somebody.

ipod touch every time i love angry birds and parkin lite lol ohhh and epic bubble wrap popper thingy lol
    <3 thank you knibbler <3

<3 Knibbler Gave Me My Crush <3

my sigs new stuff - Gamers Forum
    my shop :: Devils Shoppie Time - Gamers Forum

I would choose the ipod touch it looks really lovely and the game on their looks really awesome

Thread Information