Unhappy ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead crashes to desktop

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I'll introduce myself in another post. Right now I need your help on ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead.

I bought the game yesterday, and even though I can go to bootcamp and play in the armory, I can't play the campaign and the scenarios. Once I passed bootcamp and started the campaign, it was runnning just fine during the cutscenes, but once the part in which I am supposed to play started, the game crashed to the desktop and now it won't even open campaign menu. It's pretty much the same with scenarios - the first 15 minutes (or so) were good and then it crashed to the desktop resulting in me not being able to start the scenarios menu. The armory is getting borring and I'd really love to play this extremely war-realistic game. I've spent some money on this game and I'd be really disappointed if I can't play it.
    My system rig is powerful enough to play it and I don't know where to find a working patch (which probably won't solve the problem anyway).

Please help me.

Thanks

Hi mate, welcome to the forums.
    I can't personally help you, although I did do a quick search on Google and found a forum.

One post imparticular, on page 2 of the thread, says the following regarding a member I presume on the BIS forums:

"Send your crash dumps to dwarden @ BIS...Lately he's been more than up-front that if anyone has crashes, to email him the .dmp file so that they can better fix the game (especially with random crashes). Search his posts to get all the info (where to find them, where to send them, what to include in the email, etc.)"

Here's the link for you to look at, it's only a 2 page thread so it's not heavy reading:

Arma 2 Arrowhead Crashing to desktop - Page 2 - Bohemia Interactive Forums

Thanks. But isn't there a simpler solution? Since many other people play this game with no eproblems at all it must be a driver or something right?

Sorry mate, I myself can't help you specifically as I've only briefly played this game. I'm hoping someone on this forum has the game so they can be more helpful.

In regards to drivers, it could be just a video driver, yes. Although, I trust you've updated your drivers already. If not though, do so
    Also, make sure your graphics aren't set too high. Some games freak out if your system is getting pushed a little bit too much, make sure you meet all of the games minimum requirements

If no-one else on this forum knows of this problem though, or if they haven't got a fix themselves, I would just suggest trawling Google!
    Have you made sure you have the latest patch for the game? The developer for this game is reknown for fixing things as quick as they can.

Thanks I'll try that and tell you if it worked.

Nope. That didn't work either. I set the details to minimum, but still nothing. The patch won't install for some reason and there is no reason to install the Direct X that came with the CD because I have Dircet X 10 on my PC and this game requires Direct X 9, so Direct X is covered. All of my drivers are up to date. Is there any chance that this game can't support my video card?
    I have an Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO btw.
    Last edited by Jaykub; 01-22-2011 at 01:15 PM.

I installed the 1.52 patch and it worked. So to anyone else who has the same problem - just upgrade to patch 1.52 (not the newest one. Just upgrade to 1.52). The problem is solved.

Sorry mate, I didn't spot that you had edited your post prior to your last one, it doesn't notify me!

Glad you got it sorted though! It was bound to be a patching issue!
    Hope you're enjoying the game a bit more now :P

Thread Information