Default Fallout New Vegas Broke My Ps3

I bought fallout new vegas from a local game retailer and when I put the game in it started freezing every ten minutes or so and over time it started freezing every 1-2 minutes. I returned the game as broken but because I had to manually turn off my playstation when it froze this damaged the playstation. I sent an email to bethesda and at first they just dismissed the idea that the game broke my playstation but when I mentioned that it was a common problem which they eventually admitted that they are aware of the took it to the next and called me, they said that all they needed was proof from sony that the game was responsible for the playstation breaking. I then spoke to sony and when they told me that the game was responsible I wrote another email to bethesda thinking that i was definitely going to get my playstation fixed the wrote back simply "Unfortunately we are not held responsible for issues to the system itself. I do wish there was more we could do for you but in this instance we cannot. If you want you can contact the corporate office."
    I am so angry about this and I've had to buy a new playstation. I want to make sure that if you are reading this considering to buy fallout new vegas DONT! unless you have spare ps3's lying aroung

Happened to my friend with Asassins creed: Brotherhood.

DC Universe Beta broke my Old 60GB PS3.... The game froze up so much it cause me to get the yellow light of death... RIP my old 60gb PS3... We had a lot of good time together.... I miss my fat ps3 and had to replace it with a slimmer version....

Its just not the same...

I wouldn't really blame New Vegas for the problem unless it's a reoccurring problem throughout the series, which i might be, for the PS3. I know for the 360 it isn't considering I know at least a dozen people and have heard of even more people play it and say great things about it and not mention once about any freezing or breaking of any hardware.

I am very sorry to hear about your Playstation though. I am also very sad to hear Bethesda handle the situation the way they did, they are a good company, just sad to see them neglect customers like that.

Thread Information