Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    I don't know, do I?
    Well, FireRed and LeafGreen are remakes of the original red and blue, but with better graphics and improved gameplay, for the gameboy advance. Heart Gold and SoulSilver are the same for the DS

Ahh right ok, ty for info

I didn't know that they had re-made it for DS, as that's what I was implying by a remake, one specific to DS.

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

What makes it so much better, Eps? o.o

I mean... it's Pokemon. They've been releasing the exact same game over and over again. How can it really improve that drastically? XD

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    Ahh right ok, ty for info

I didn't know that they had re-made it for DS, as that's what I was implying by a remake, one specific to DS.
    well, the red/blue remakes are for the game boy advance, and have the same gameplay/engine/whatever (and unfortunately, moveset) as Ruby/sapphire (charmander learns iron tail :| ) and the Gold/Silver remakes are the same gameplay as Diamond/Pearl.

Like I said, you get newer moves in the remakes, but it's okay cuz you can run, and the graphics are improved, the item bag is updated, etc. You can play Red/Blue without dealing with the really unpolished areas (like having to press start, go to pokemon, and select "cut" in order to cut down a tree, instead you just go to the tree and press A. Also, you no longer can only hold 20 items which sucked in the original games) I like fire red and leaf green better than heart gold and soul silver, simply because Red and Blue are borderline unplayable in some aspects, Gold and Silver are still playable and enjoyable today, making the update not as necesarry.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post

I mean... it's Pokemon. They've been releasing the exact same game over and over again. How can it really improve that drastically? XD
    Quite a bit, actually. HG/SS, while having many of the same/improved functions that are in D/P/Pt, they added quite a bit (being able to have the first Pokemon in your party follow you around) along with some gameplay features. Not to mention the facelift and slight updates from the original games.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I like fire red and leaf green better than heart gold and soul silver, simply because Red and Blue are borderline unplayable in some aspects, Gold and Silver are still playable and enjoyable today, making the update not as necesarry.
    That's not the point, though. They rereleased Gold and Silver on the DS to put the game back out there for the people that didn't play it when it was originally on the GBC.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    That's not the point, though. They rereleased Gold and Silver on the DS to put the game back out there for the people that didn't play it when it was originally on the GBC.
    well yea good point, but Red and Blue really needed a facelift.

Well, in diamond and pearl, you had to go through all this stupid stuff before you finally get your pokemon, and the world map was confusing (i can't tell you how many times i've gotten lost or didn't know what to do) In this one you get the pokemon right from the beginning, you're a bit older...idk, it just feels like they got rid of a few features that were holding the series back. It's still got the bad guy team that's trying to do something ridiculous and they keep stealing stuff. The menus and everything looks a lot better now too, and the battle screan is kinda gimmicky (the pokemon move around and the camera kinda looks around) but its a welcome change IMO. I can't really pinpoint anything as of yet, but overall the game just seems greatly improved from the past ones

edit: I just thought of some more. First off, Rock Smash isn't an HM anymore, which is awesome because the move is basically useless. Also, you can use TMs more than once, which at first is like "but thats the point of TMs" but I never wanted to use TMs cuz I always wanted to collect them all. Now I like that I can actually use them. I'm also really enjoying the fully 3D environments, instead of the past generation's sprite-based environments with 3D buildings and stuff. Pokemarts are inside of Pokemon Centers, which at first it's like "why you do that" but the 2 buildings being separate isn't really that important, and it's nice and convenient. Plus the gyms seem to be trying something new, like the first gym uses pokemon that are strong against your starter so you have to form a strategy, instead of just randomly putting different types. One of the things I didn't like about Diamond/Pearl is that you visit the towns out of order, this game is nice and streamlined (not FFXIII streamlined, but the towns you visit are in order, as opposed to D/P which had a lot of backtracking.) Of course, this is all how I see it. It could very well be that there is an equal amount of backtracking in D/P as there was in R/B, I just noticed it most in D/P.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 03-07-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    well, the red/blue remakes are for the game boy advance, and have the same gameplay/engine/whatever (and unfortunately, moveset) as Ruby/sapphire (charmander learns iron tail :| ) and the Gold/Silver remakes are the same gameplay as Diamond/Pearl.

Like I said, you get newer moves in the remakes, but it's okay cuz you can run, and the graphics are improved, the item bag is updated, etc. You can play Red/Blue without dealing with the really unpolished areas (like having to press start, go to pokemon, and select "cut" in order to cut down a tree, instead you just go to the tree and press A. Also, you no longer can only hold 20 items which sucked in the original games) I like fire red and leaf green better than heart gold and soul silver, simply because Red and Blue are borderline unplayable in some aspects, Gold and Silver are still playable and enjoyable today, making the update not as necesarry.
    The improvements do sound yummy!
    The last Pokemon I played was Silver

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Thanks for the info ;3

I probably won't be picking this up because I never play my DS anyway, but hmmmm.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Well.... it's official....

Pokemon White has taken over my life... lol. I play it at LEAST 8-10 hours a day... pretty much when I'm not sleeping... I'm playing it.... yeah....

also

Plus the gyms seem to be trying something new, like the first gym uses pokemon that are strong against your starter so you have to form a strategy, instead of just randomly putting different types.
    If you go to the Dreamyard before you go to the gym, you get a Pokemon given to you that compliments your starter Pokemon. Like... I started out with Tepig, and was given Pansage. It helps with that gym because I was put up against the Water Gym Leader. It helps to adventure around the cities before you take on the gym. ^_^
    Last edited by Dess; 03-09-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Thread Information