Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

I use AVG and this happened to me the other day, too. It happens sometimes to other websites, but that was the first time it happened when I was on GF.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

I had the same problem that Joker did!

I tried AVG to get away from Bullguard and Norton.

Lets just say that I had it for 3 days, and I had to bring it down to a shop to get help with removing it =S No matter what I tried it gave me some lame ass excuse for why NOT to remove it.

One stupid thing I got was:

"It is highly recommended to keep AVG Anti Virus on your computer for security purposes! If you still wish to remove AVG from your computer, please install a 2nd security software before removing AVG for your own securitys sake!"(Or something like that)

But the problem was that the moment I tried to install any of my old anti virus programs, it would say something along the lines of that AVG was already installed and therefor none other could be installed. =S

Sometimes I even wonder if the AVG I got was actually a fake malicious one, cause it just doesnt seem right that a program meant to protect you ends up hijacking your rig from the inside out!
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

That's why you don't use AVG, Norton, McAfee... they're all horrible at what they do, they're a resource hog, or some other affect that makes them utter crap. Lol

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Use avast instead, its free and fairly good.

I actually dont mind Norton 360, its deffinately their best one around! Dont bash my Bodyguard bro!

I like Norton

I use norton, its not a resource hog anymore runs silently and doesnt take up alot of resources if any at all

avast is great and I love it however it stopped out of no where it scanned my entire hard drive within 20 seconds which was just odd
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 04-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    I use norton, its not a resource hog anymore runs silently and doesnt take up alot of resources if any at all
    That right there. Better way to say it than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post

avast is great and I love it however it stopped out of no where it scanned my entire hard drive within 20 seconds which was just odd
    Norton picks up a lot of stuff as viruses when it's not, though. My uTorrent, WoW, Steam, and basically anything that uses P2P or any sort of downloading, other than IE, FireFox etc, gets dinged as viruses. Been like that for each of my 3 computers running various OS and Norton versions.

Avast is great though, even the free version.

OT: AVG picks up many sites. I've gotten virus warnings on Hotmail, the Playstation homepage, and MLG forums a few times. It's ridiculous.

I've used Norton for as long as I can remember, Norton 360 since it was available, and I have played several MMORPGs requiring P2P etc.

NEVER has my norton denied it as a virus, not even ONCE

I dont know what you do or what has been done for your Norton to behave as such, but you must've done SOMETHING to it to respond as such, cause I've never fooled with it deeply enough to preblock etc. anything before.

My mother in law fooled around with Norton trying to block past websites that gave her viruses etc. and suddenly she couldnt visit websites that had links to said websites =S It pretty much blocked ANY possible connection with websites put on preblock. It is actually a good security measure if you ask me! It makes absolutely sure that ANY back alleys or little country roads are blocked off from the websites that're blocked.

But how you managed to get P2P things such as WoW blocked? Lol dude I have no idea, I just know it NEVER happened to me before after years of usage!

@Saph, I don't get blocked, just the warnings pop up each and every time. Even after I turn off notifications is the thing. I don't do anything with Norton, besides uninstall now. The laptop I'm on now came with it pre-installed, and almost everything I did was a problem. It deleted my WoW.exe twice, and the WoWRepair.exe once as well before I did my last uninstall. Deicede, FlyFF, MapleStory, Combat Arms, even Warcraft 3 are games I tried and all, in the scan, popped up as viruses. Didn't delete them, but still they shouldn't be there in the report at all.

Maybe Norton just hates me lol

Thread Information