View Poll Results: Which game is most likely going to be the better game?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlefield 3

44 64.71%
  • Call of Duty

24 35.29%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Jay for someone who says this you do seem to knock call of duty quite abit.

Quote Originally Posted by egg-whites333 View Post
    Jay for someone who says this you do seem to knock call of duty quite abit.
    You are right, because I don't like what Activision and their developers are doing with the franchise. They're killing it, simply killing it. They need to think back to what their games used to be like, have that foundation, and build on it with innovative ideas. Simples. But they make too much money to care about making any big steps. Why make any more effort when they know people will buy their games anyway? It's sad really, because I miss playing Call of Duty in the old days. The franchise gave me some of my best times on video games, playing in clan wars and things, meeting new people.

I know you like Call of Duty, even in its current state, but you have to admit that there needs to be a change. I'm hoping Black Ops 2 brings that change, but I'm wary that it may be too much change, from reading what they're planning to do with it. But I can always hope and keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    You are right, because I don't like what Activision and their developers are doing with the franchise. They're killing it, simply killing it. They need to think back to what their games used to be like, have that foundation, and build on it with innovative ideas. Simples. But they make too much money to care about making any big steps. Why make any more effort when they know people will buy their games anyway? It's sad really, because I miss playing Call of Duty in the old days. The franchise gave me some of my best times on video games, playing in clan wars and things, meeting new people.

I know you like Call of Duty, even in its current state, but you have to admit that there needs to be a change. I'm hoping Black Ops 2 brings that change, but I'm wary that it may be too much change, from reading what they're planning to do with it. But I can always hope and keep an open mind.
    Honestly, Black Ops 2 is a change but not the change CoD Needs. It seems like a rip off of Ghost Recon. And they are going to be hated for it. I mean, XeroTehHero is a CoD Fanboy. but he even says himself that Black Op 2 will fail big time. Activision have really dug themselves in. If they change their entire fanbase riots. if they don't change they get no more sales. It's sad in a way...

Quote Originally Posted by BBloodstain View Post
    Honestly, Black Ops 2 is a change but not the change CoD Needs. It seems like a rip off of Ghost Recon. And they are going to be hated for it. I mean, XeroTehHero is a CoD Fanboy. but he even says himself that Black Op 2 will fail big time. Activision have really dug themselves in. If they change their entire fanbase riots. if they don't change they get no more sales. It's sad in a way...
    It's very sad. I just don't understand how they could let a massively respected franchise turn into what it has turned into. If Black Ops 2 falls on its arse, then they all need to call it quits. But they won't, because if it's crap, and people still buy it because it's got "Call of Duty" in the title, then Activision will have their developers constantly churning out average games every year.

i dont buy call of duty because of the name i like fast pase i play videogames for fun not realism thats why sitting in a building with a gun shoot a person every once in a while is boring dont get me wrong battlefield is not a bad game but to slow for my liking also how cod never changes battlefield doe not change super lot to. and dont even tart me on activiio being "Money whores" EA is just as bad if not worse

i dont buy call of duty because of the name i like fast pase i play videogames for fun not realism thats why sitting in a building with a gun shoot a person every once in a while is boring dont get me wrong battlefield is not a bad game but to slow for my liking also how cod never changes battlefield doe not change super lot to. and dont even tart me on activiio being "Money whores" EA is just as bad if not worse
    I didn't say EA weren't money whores, but DICE do whatever it takes to make things fresh in whichever game they develop. I just don't get that impression from the CoD developers. Also, your description of BF3 is inaccurate, as the slow-paced gameplay and shooting someone every once in a while is only for when you're a sniper. However, if you're any other class then it's fast-paced, loud and in-your-face awesomeness.

But, if you're not into the realism, then that is fine, and I can obviously accept that. But you have to accept my reasons for not liking the latest productions of Call of Duty, because they're my opinions and I'm entitled to them. Activision and their teams don't do it for me any more, because they have all been showing a distinct lack of effort when it comes to a new CoD game. I want them all to spend more time on just the one perfect CoD game, like it used to be back in the day, and that would fix everything for me.

i never once said you cant like BF 3 i said my oppiuion and im entitled to it... right, my oppiuion is it is slow paced and i can say that as i have playyed every possiion in BF3

i never once said you cant like BF 3 i said my oppiuion and im entitled to it... right, my oppiuion is it is slow paced and i can say that as i have playyed every possiion in BF3
    It's not that you said I can't like BF3, it's because you're coming across as though your opinion is superior, but that isn't the point, and I care not to go into that debate. The point is, I don't like CoD for my reasons, and you don't like BF3 for your reasons. However, don't judge a game, any game, if you've only played as one class, because it isn't an accurate representation of the full experience, and you may actually like it if you put your love for CoD aside.

i can say that as i have playyed every possiion in BF3
    please please please read more look i have playyed every positon on BF 3 BF BC2 i still think it is slow pacced i never ever ever implied my oppiuion was better i said my oppiuion was mine. i could say the exact thing about what youve been sayying but i dont because i dont think any of us thought our oppiuions were beter aaperently you dont understand... no point i guess... sigh

Actually Bad company was like CoD in my opinion. The maps were smaller and all of the objectives were grouped up in a small area. With the destructible environment and the vehicles I thought it was a really great alternative to CoD. You still had plenty of snipers but I was never lacking in noobs to pwn

Thread Information