Default Text notifications?

Is there, or will there ever be, a way to get a text message on your cell phone for various notifications? (Subscribed thread posts, reputation, profile messages, PMs, etc)

I think it'd be neat and a nice little tool to have.

I can't say that there never will be a system like that, but if you get emails on your phone, that's something that exists now. Not really a text message but still a notification.

But currently, there is no way to send a text message to an actual phone number for updates.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I can't say that there never will be a system like that, but if you get emails on your phone, that's something that exists now. Not really a text message but still a notification.

But currently, there is no way to send a text message to an actual phone number for updates.
    Ah okay. Well thanks man It'll have to keep working like that with me for now I guess haha.

yea, if you have a blackberry or somethin like that and get emails on your phone, you can have this forum send you emails, but other than that nope.

I actually have a question.

I get TONS of spam from Gamers Forum with things such as "<name> has responded to your post in the <name> thread" or something like that. I have like 100 of them per day, sometimes several hundreds of them.

I've tried to turn all email notification off completely, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Someone know how to completely remove email notes from GF, I don't really need it, as I check my GF more often than my email atm
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

You can go here: Gamers Forum

Under "Default Thread Subscription Mode" - change to no email notification.

Since it won't affect old threads, you can go here: Gamers Forum

Select all the threads, and either delete, or Update subscription type from drop down at the bottom.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I hate getting emails from things that don't have to deal with work, so getting emails from here would upset me greatly : P So glad I made sure not to get emails from just about any site or anything. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post

actually.... I would not e surprised if you could find a way. You can have text messages sent with a triggered event with some programs. So I bet if you set up a separate email and just sent a text for every email you got you could do it.

But thats a user end fix, I dont expect that to be a big VB form goal.

Edit: Gmail has the ability to text you when you get email. bam. setup a new gmail account just for this forum and allow text notifications of your email. Then just subscribe to any thread you want to follow.
    Last edited by BobTD; 05-23-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    I actually have a question.

I get TONS of spam from Gamers Forum with things such as "<name> has responded to your post in the <name> thread" or something like that. I have like 100 of them per day, sometimes several hundreds of them.

I've tried to turn all email notification off completely, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Someone know how to completely remove email notes from GF, I don't really need it, as I check my GF more often than my email atm
    Im in the exact position here to.

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Edit: Gmail has the ability to text you when you get email. bam. setup a new gmail account just for this forum and allow text notifications of your email. Then just subscribe to any thread you want to follow.
    came here to say this! Gmail is the best bet to set up GF texts (if you really, really want something like that)
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Thread Information