Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arma 3 !!!!!

Default Arma 3 !!!!!

Arma 3 overview

Arma 3 is set in the year of 2035. It is set on the two islands of Limnos and Stratis, the islands exist in real life and is carefully made to look as similar as possible(or atleast that you can recognize different things).

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/17963613.jpg

http://h8.abload.de/img/jac_pcg_2_1280x720mpvtb.jpg

"A statue in real life and in the game"

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content...gery/scr03.jpg

http://h13.abload.de/img/limnos_sound1012v7dfp.jpg

"A power plant in real life and in the game"

Limnos is the largest island in the ArmA serie so far with(Limnos is almost 300 square kilometers compared to Chernarus 225 square km(the world in Arma 2)) But not only that, in the game you can also dive underwater and explore a whole new world.

This is the official background story, explaining the conflict, unlike the other this is pretty detailed

"Blighted by the long tail of a deep-rooted economic crisis and sliding toward the threshold of war, beleaguered NATO member-states stand weakened against an ambitious, resurgent Iran.

Flooded with profits from the rich export markets of a resource-thirsty SE-Asia and the rising price of oil, bolstered by strong ties with China and strategic entente with Russia, Iran sought to expand its influence.

Deployed under the auspices of a swift humanitarian response, Turkey – decimated by a series of devastating and unprecedented natural disasters – fell within months to ruthless Iranian Armed Forces. Iran’s aggressive expansion – spilling over into Greek sovereign territory – was brought to a halt in Rhodope Prefecture with the ratification of the Jerusalem Peace Accord of 2034, which crystallised a new strategic front along the shorelines of the Aegean Sea.

With the US locked into its own proxy-wars against aggressive Chinese expansionism in the Pacific, with each year more member-states leaving NATO on the promise of Russian oil, the fragmented alliance faces the growing risk of a global conflict that they can ill-afford."

"Tensions rise as NATO and Iranian forces stand-off in the Aegean: the strategic fault-line between crumbling European influence and a powerful, resurgent East. But when a key radar facility drops off the grid, a Greek flashpoint risks escalating into global conflict.

Caught up in a situation beyond their control, a botched withdrawal traps men of the US 7th Infantry Division and a clandestine group of UKSF operators in a fight for survival. With only a crippled local resistance to turn to, they must rapidly adapt to overcome an unforgiving environment and defeat a brutal enemy."

So what differs Arma 2 from Arma 3?

The engine is an updated version of the real virtuality engine(known as real virtuality 4) it is way more powerful than before with much better lightning tech and so on. BI have implemented PhysX for real time physics as well as ragdoll(no more awkward death animations) The sounds have also been much improved.

As for gameplay they have done some changes, the animations are completely new and more responsive. The controls have been worked on and it feels much better and less clunky, you also got new things to make it easier in buildings and similar. The inventory menu have also been worked on, it might take some time to get used to but then everything makes sense. Also you adapt your weapons and gear dependable on what youre facing, like putting on new scopes, silencers and so on.

To get the bugs under control a community alpha will be released soon for people that have preordered the game.

to end things I got more videos and a few links

Arma 3 | official website (main website)

(TEASER TRAILER)

(STRATIS SHOWCASE)

(LIGHTNING SHOWCASE)

(E3 SNEAK PEEK)

There are videos from gamescom but none of them are really good(showing good gameplay)

If you got any questions you can just ask me
    Last edited by paecmaker; 09-05-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added things

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Bohemia is going to try throwing a proper storyline togheter? :P Thats going to be interesting.

Ah well, for now the only thing i care about in that series is improoved controller layout and design.

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    Bohemia is going to try throwing a proper storyline togheter? :P Thats going to be interesting.

Ah well, for now the only thing i care about in that series is improoved controller layout and design.
    This is what I think that needs the most overhaul.

The interface, its clumsy to go through all these menus.

The graphics, I want a engine that are more smoother than the one they use now

The sounds, I dont like the sounds of the game, neither the voices.

The animations, for both vehicles, effects and characters.

The ai, I want them to make improved ai on all places.

A nice and easy to handle editor with tutorials.

I see the story as a secondary thing, Its nice with a story but I dont see it as importent as the rest.

I think ArmA 2 is good as it is, but I'd love to see some improvements graphic wise and regarding gameplay freedom. Maybe weapon customization instead of always picking a pre-customized version of every weapon. Also please, please realistic ballistics behavior.. >.> this really sucked in ArmA2

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    This is what I think that needs the most overhaul.

The interface, its clumsy to go through all these menus.

The graphics, I want a engine that are more smoother than the one they use now

The sounds, I dont like the sounds of the game, neither the voices.

The animations, for both vehicles, effects and characters.

The ai, I want them to make improved ai on all places.

A nice and easy to handle editor with tutorials.

I see the story as a secondary thing, Its nice with a story but I dont see it as importent as the rest.
    You have hit the nail on the head with this list; I would have to 100% concur. I played the demo, and a bit of the full game and I thought it very clunky and annoying. It's sad that there aren't many great tactical shooters out there... I think 2000-2006 were the years for the tactical shooters, in my opinion, with the odd exception afterwards.

One thing I really do like in ARMA II (Arrowhead) is the way the aircrafts handle, it's awesome fun... that's about all that made my eye brows raise

Also please, please realistic ballistics behavior..
    Seconded. I mean, come on. They did it almost flawlessly in Operation Flashpoint 1. Why is it so hard now?

One thing I really do like in ARMA II (Arrowhead) is the way the aircrafts handle, it's awesome fun... that's about all that made my eye brows raise
    Yea that was realy nice. :P
    I also liked the way helicopters flew, even though i would prefer better controllers for it :P

Sig. by Psychotray

Yea that was realy nice. :P
    I also liked the way helicopters flew, even though i would prefer better controllers for it :P
    I was fine with it, as I have an epic joystick
    I have been on Wings of Prey with it all morning/early afternoon!

Oh nice, yea i think that was the thing i was missing. :P
    Unfortunately my joystick decided to constantly steer right after a Mindblowing X3: Terran Conflict fight.

Edit: Wings of Prey! It looks great! xD
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 05-25-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Sig. by Psychotray

Oh nice, yea i think that was the thing i was missing. :P
    Unfortunately my joystick decided to constantly steer right after a Mindblowing X3: Terran Conflict fight.

Edit: Wings of Prey! It looks great! xD
    Bummer

Here's a tip: Have a look at the Saitek Cyborg V1 Joystick - cheap and efficient! It's actually a fantastic joystick.

Yes, Wings of Prey is an epic flight sim, I love it to bits! Even more so, for I love my WWII stuff

I like the helicopter controls even with the keypad, its just that in airplanes you sometimes have to get into another menu to activate certain things.

Thread Information