Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had a similar problem and the solution was: PSU ****up. It just restarted randomly and I couldn't find the right coherence between these restarts. Get it examined.

But I don't think it's video card related. In my experience video cards just go off and after it you don't see anything but a black screen whether you restart or not.

When I had it somthing with the vgu had broken down, I dont know if it was the fan or something else, I just hand it over in the store so they fixed it for free(even it took lots of time)

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Three things that could do this.

Switchblade mentioned overheating. Download speedfan or something and pay attention to the temperature when you're playing games or watching videos. The motherboard may trigger shut down if CPU is too hot or something else is about to fry.

Jay mentioned the second one which is memory. You don't always have to get the blue screen when memory fails. My home server's memory failed a few months ago (I still haven't replaced it) where it would just shut down without warning. No blue screen, no errors, just turns off. If you have more than one RAM Card, remove one, and try it. If it still shuts off, switch the card and/or slot on the motherboard.

Third one is Power source. The power source could be failing in which case you need a new PSU - definitely not as expensive as a new PC. Could cost anywhere from $30-$90 depending on the amount of power.
    This.
    Check the Temperatures first, and if it is to high then check if your fans are clogged with dust and dirt.
    Remember that while removing the side of the case on the PC might seem like a good idea, it isnt in most cases since you would be limiting the effectiveness of your fans by messing up the airflow.

or lower the voltage in BIOS
    Are you high? O.o
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 06-19-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    This.

Remember that while removing the side of the case on the PC might seem like a good idea, it isnt in most cases since you would be limiting the effectiveness of your fans by messing up the airflow.

And if your guarantee still is capable then it wont be after you pop the hatch open.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    And if your guarantee still is capable then it wont be after you pop the hatch open.
    Depends on the warranty terms. Most wouldn't mind if you just open the hatch, but warranties are void if damage is caused due to human error, so if you leave the side open and someone accidentally throws a ball in there and it breaks something off, then warranty is void.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

lol, throws a ball in there

Thread Information