Threaded View

Exclamation Desperately needing help combating packet loss :(

Once again, I am experiencing problems with my network, yippee.

I am with Virgin Media, and have a 50Mb broadband connection - my connection is fluctuating.

Videos take longer to buffer, browsing is interrupted every now and then, League of Legends keeps losing connection to the PvP.net server, general multiplayer pings jitter... I am losing my mind!

I have called the help line about five times this past week, and it's like talking to a robotic parrot, receiving the same hollow advice over and over again, with them taking no real interest in my issue. They conduct tests, but on four out of the five calls they have told me that my connection looks fine, but I obviously called them when my connection was in a temporary state of stability. On one of the calls, the guy recognised that I had a high amount of packet loss, and recommended me to connect my ethernet cable straight into the modem to see if I still experience the problems... and I do! Also, that advice was given to me on Saturday, and it still isn't fixed.

I have tried every which way to connect my PC to the internet to test the connection, both through wireless and wired methods, but the same thing is still happening.

Because Virgin Media are ****ing **** at helping me, I have turned to you guys and girls once again, as I know there are some network people on here. Judging by my ISP not recognising any problems for the most part, is it likely to be a problem with my modem? The power levels on the modem is fine, but there may be something else wrong with it. If so, I can call them up today and ask them to send me one out free of charge.

Thanks!

Thread Information