View Poll Results: Who is really at fault here?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft.

1 9.09%
  • The Parents.

0 0%
  • The 20 year old.

10 90.91%
  • All of them.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Death by Xbox? Story inside.

Original Story:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...at-a-time.html

By the way the sun is a joke... I cannot believe they blame a console for the death instead of the 20 year old. No normal person who plays does not get up in 12 hours and stretch or pee, maybe even eat or smoke if that is your thing. Anyhow this is the first time I have heard anything like this happening and I think the poor kid had some issues before.

Gamer Euphoria's Take on the article: Death By Xbox: The Sun's At It Again | Gamer Euphoria

What is your thought?

The Sun is a joke in general. No-one buys The Sun in Merseyside because of the story they did on the Hillsborough disaster.

cant blame the console, nor microsoft. You have only to blame the parents and the dude who died. You do something like that for 12 hours a day yeah thats your own damn fault sir.

One of the causes is immobility and dehydration, which fits into this case.. He could have gotten this from traveling too much, or reading books for too long rather than playing video games. The event itself is bad and I hope the family does alright, but blaming it on the console is stupid. Microsoft has no control over how much time anyone plays, and they issue warnings in the console manual that say don't play for extended periods of time, take a 15 minute break every half hour.

I know that if you play Microsoft's Kinect games some of them tell you to take a break during gameplay... But no, the sun's stance is it is Microsoft's/video games fault.
    I only came across the article after someone posted a question about what the chances are of this happening.

Lulzsec should destroy their website again.

Sucks for the dude, but it's his own fault for not taking care of himself. Even in his photo he looks like he hasn't had a decent night's sleep in weeks.

Sig by TheMangler

I think the longest I've ever gamed was 13 or 14 hours, but that was the only time I ever did that. I think I'd die too if I did it on a regular basis. I'd have to really, REALLY enjoy a game that much again in order to want to play for that long without taking a break.

Parents were unaware of this risk and I don't blame his death on them. If my son sat playing for half a day, I would smack him not because I think he'd die but because it sucks if you don't do anything with your life.
    We all are gamers here but I think we all have real lives as well, just take a look at the threads, ppl travelling and playing in bands etc.
    This guy was just way so dumb... It's a normal reaction of the body that after 1-2 hours you start to feel uncomfortable. This is when you get up and stretch or have a shower or whatsoever. And even if you get back to playing, after such a marathon you will feel some strange tiredness. And you decide not to do this again for a while...
    And not to mention that the guy had no metabolism.
    Feel free to check out my flash games site and my funny picture blog!

Quote Originally Posted by GamingWeston View Post
    Parents were unaware of this risk and I don't blame his death on them. If my son sat playing for half a day, I would smack him not because I think he'd die but because it sucks if you don't do anything with your life.
    We all are gamers here but I think we all have real lives as well, just take a look at the threads, ppl travelling and playing in bands etc.
    This guy was just way so dumb... It's a normal reaction of the body that after 1-2 hours you start to feel uncomfortable. This is when you get up and stretch or have a shower or whatsoever. And even if you get back to playing, after such a marathon you will feel some strange tiredness. And you decide not to do this again for a while...
    And not to mention that the guy had no metabolism.
    This pretty much speaks truth and concludes it. It was the lad's fault for being a dumbass! It sounds like the only reason why he got up off his lard arse was to go to the Jobcentre, because he couldn't be bothered trying to find a job himself.

Thread Information