View Poll Results: Who is really at fault here?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft.

1 9.09%
  • The Parents.

0 0%
  • The 20 year old.

10 90.91%
  • All of them.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That's a really strange way to die, I'd blame him or the parents for this. Microsoft isn't responsible for their customers well-being.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

I blame the kid, cause he really acted like a kid. If he lived by himself you can't really blame the parents, if he lives with his parents then they have some responsibility of checking up on the kid and seeing what he is up to, but they are not obligated. It's sad but stupid. My Dad told me about it ... like I was going to do something like that, yeah I gamed for hours, from dusk til dawn, but **** at least I take a .... and get some grub and stretch and bother Linux ... I do agree he may have had other issues.
    Fear The FearLess

Gaming has been a scapegoat for real problems for years. Parents don't like to take responsibility for the adults their children turn out to be anymore. All things in moderation people....come on.
    I know you miss the places that I place my finger tips
    I know you'll never find another lover love,
    who will love you like I did

its not MS's fault....but the dude shouldve known better.....and maybe his parents should have intervened

this is really useful info to know as i have an xbox now as my ps3 died after only a year the blue ray lazer broke and the cost to fix it wasnt worth it

That is an awfully sad story, and I cannot help but to feel sorry for the guy. However, in my opinion, it was his fault. He had a serious health problem and a strong addiction to gaming. He needed to be more active than playing Xbox all day. No game is worth one's life.

His fault, there is a warning on all games that they can kill you buy causing seizures or things like this.

What a fool

Longest I have ever played a game is a 12 or 13 hour LAN party. And we were moving around a lot during the party. I can't imagine sitting and playing a videogame for 12 straight hours and my parents would never have allowed it

this is a direct quote from the article:

Chris collapsed seconds after telling a friend how he had been experiencing a strange sensation in his chest.

The pair were chatting outside a JobCentre where Chris had an interview.
    It is obvious that this article is nothing more than dishonest reporting. The kid was out of the house with a friend when the blood clot killed him. It "can" be caused by sitting in an awkward position for a long period of time, but truth be told this condition has a lot more to do with what you eat than anything else. And its also a lifestyle choice that goes far beyond simply playing an Xbox.

Lets consider that this type of things gets peoples attention and blaming it on an xbox gets people to read the article. Now count the number of times you have read about a deep veined thrombosis killing a video game addict. Surprisingly few? Thats because there really is no cause and effect here. Lots of people dont exercise as much as they should, the difference is that those people that die from a medical complication usually dont have parents who want to cash in on the attention in such a shameful way.

David, the overweight father of Chris, the overweight game player who died, is raising awareness about the correlation between video games and DVT. Good job, if the goal was for you and your overweight wife (who really took her time to look nice for that shameless photo) would rather associate video game playing with their sons obesity rather than how their life long eating habits affected the child they raised. And Im not saying sitting around playing video games wasnt a factor, it just is not the smoking gun they make it out to be for their brief moment in the lime light.

People are so stupid.

I play an unhealthy amount of video games, 12 hours is nothing. But I also am a shallow person who wont settle for a fatty, or expect others to. That means in order to keep dating I go to the gym and watch what I eat. So even if you stopped playing games, lots of people will just sit in front of a TV or eat out of boredom. Lets start admitting that its not OK to be grossly overweight.
    Last edited by BobTD; 04-08-2012 at 03:40 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information