Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I play mainly ranked. I usually use Rammus, karthus, Kog, and sometimes Yi.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I bought a champion pack with RP, but I bought a few with IP. My champ list is:
    I've never bought a champ with RP. I only used RP (the free ones they gave) to buy a skin for Miss Fortune.

Last week I added Zilean to my list and today I decided to get Lux and try her out.

I also found that I somehow own Kayle...don't remember buying her.

Also got Alistar for free for subscribing to the Riot youtube channel.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Default My Heroes

1. Ashe
    2. Kayle (got her for free somehow)
    3. Amumu
    4. Nasus (so far one of my favorites)
    5. Warwick

I usually use the free rotation heroes, most of my IP goes into runes

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I've never bought a champ with RP. I only used RP (the free ones they gave) to buy a skin for Miss Fortune.
    I bought one of the Champion Bundle Packs, or whatever they're called. 2400RP (I think? Maybe 2600..) for like 20 champions. Thought it was a good deal, and with how much I was playing, I would take 2 weeks to unlock the cheapest champions. So far I've yet to unlock more and have no regrets on the decision. Well, kinda. Wishing I would have bought the rune pages now I'm starting to get more into it lol.

I started playing this again this weekend. Havent played in years, not since it's been DotA. They are the same game correct, LoL is just the newer version? Because LoL doesnt look like DotA and I don't remember all this added stuff like runes and whatnot? But yea, I dont buy champs either I use whats free as well. Least I havent -yet- :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I started playing this again this weekend. Havent played in years, not since it's been DotA. They are the same game correct, LoL is just the newer version? Because LoL doesnt look like DotA and I don't remember all this added stuff like runes and whatnot? But yea, I dont buy champs either I use whats free as well. Least I havent -yet- :P
    LoL is a game that was conceived in the mind of the original creators of the WC3 mod, DotA. The original creators made an honest game company, Riot Games, designed and built their own game engine in the image of DotA, and have since been adding a continuous stream of new content (new game modes, maps, and champions) to the game.

The new things you see like runes and masteries are some of those elements that they found suitable to the design of the game now that they have their own entire client to work with and they aren't confirmed by the boundaries of just being an extensive mod for the WC3 client and game engine.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

LoL is pretty much the next step up from DotA. It is a standalone game with content that you couldn't have within the WC3 client. Plus the creators get to make some money off of it when people buy runes or characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    LoL is a game that was conceived in the mind of the original creators of the WC3 mod, DotA. The original creators made an honest game company, Riot Games, designed and built their own game engine in the image of DotA, and have since been adding a continuous stream of new content (new game modes, maps, and champions) to the game.

The new things you see like runes and masteries are some of those elements that they found suitable to the design of the game now that they have their own entire client to work with and they aren't confirmed by the boundaries of just being an extensive mod for the WC3 client and game engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    LoL is pretty much the next step up from DotA. It is a standalone game with content that you couldn't have within the WC3 client. Plus the creators get to make some money off of it when people buy runes or characters.

Ahhhh, ok! Thanks for explaining Like I said I used to play DotA ages ago, and my fiance told me LoL -was- DotA even though it's technically not the game I played so I was really confused. Def still enjoyable, and glad the creators are making something off it too, although I can't say I'd ever use spend real money for the game xD

LoL is definately a step up from DOTA. Its more team-based and dependent than DOTA as well. In Dota, sometimes you could 1v5 late game if you had a champ like Troll warlords, can't do that in LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Archbob View Post
    LoL is definately a step up from DOTA. Its more team-based and dependent than DOTA as well. In Dota, sometimes you could 1v5 late game if you had a champ like Troll warlords, can't do that in LoL
    You can 1v5 with brand if you're fed enough (Subject to change I bet he'll get the nerf-ray soon.). I don't really buy too many champs. All of my IP goes into runes and I don't buy RP.

Thread Information