Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I'd like some suggestions for JRPGs, are there any atlus/NIS style games that don't require endless grinding? I like the style of those games but they're just too hard lol.
    For the PS2, the Atelier Iris games and the Ar Tonelico games are jRPGs that do not require endless grinding. Now, the Atelier games are heavy on item synthesis but really don't require much grinding still. Seriously, try any Shin Megami Tensei game you find, especially Nocturne because they aren't really that hard and provide great stories.

I am playing Hyperdimension Neptunia right now for the PS3 and it is through-and-through a jRPG that doesn't require grinding UNLESS you want every trophy. Next will be Trinity Universe and it seems promising too, and turn-based.

Games worth the mention:
    Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
    Thousand Arms (PS1)
    Any Grandia game you get your hands on you MUST play. lol

I hope that was of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    Resident Evil, regardless of how old it gets, is still a legendary game
    That game shares MANY memories and a few girlfriends that got extra close when they watched me play because they were a little too scared.. ahhh.. the good ole days.

Welcome, fellow RPG-lover. Caught your post in the recommendations thread, a very solid list, and a good few of the games I've never heard of (which I'll be sure to look into )

Stick around and enjoy it here!

Sig by TheMangler

Quote Originally Posted by mutilations View Post
    For the PS2, the Atelier Iris games and the Ar Tonelico games are jRPGs that do not require endless grinding. Now, the Atelier games are heavy on item synthesis but really don't require much grinding still. Seriously, try any Shin Megami Tensei game you find, especially Nocturne because they aren't really that hard and provide great stories.

I am playing Hyperdimension Neptunia right now for the PS3 and it is through-and-through a jRPG that doesn't require grinding UNLESS you want every trophy. Next will be Trinity Universe and it seems promising too, and turn-based.

Games worth the mention:
    Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
    Thousand Arms (PS1)
    Any Grandia game you get your hands on you MUST play. lol

I hope that was of some help.

I have Nocturne and Persona 3, and my neighbor let me borrow Demon's Souls. Nocturne is super hard lol it took me like....a year (of only playing every so often) to beat that freaking matador boss. Now i'm lost in some maze. Haven't touched Persona 3 yet (i don't wanna start it until I beat all my other RPGs) and I beat Demon's Souls. I've been thinking about getting Hyperdimension Neptunia.

By easy, I mean like...maybe not necessarily Final Fantasy 7 easy, but one where its not that hard to advance through the story. That's my favorite part of rpgs, the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I have Nocturne and Persona 3, and my neighbor let me borrow Demon's Souls. Nocturne is super hard lol it took me like....a year (of only playing every so often) to beat that freaking matador boss. Now i'm lost in some maze. Haven't touched Persona 3 yet (i don't wanna start it until I beat all my other RPGs) and I beat Demon's Souls. I've been thinking about getting Hyperdimension Neptunia.

By easy, I mean like...maybe not necessarily Final Fantasy 7 easy, but one where its not that hard to advance through the story. That's my favorite part of rpgs, the stories.
    Ah Demon's Souls.. I played that game to hell and back.. literally. I kind of miss it and haven't played it ever since passing the 50% trophy completely mark. That game is the epitome of hard but so much fun.

Of all the games, especially for stories.. go with Thousand Arms, Grandia games, and Tales of the Abyss. Now the Atelier games have decent stories, they aren't too heavy in the storyline and more about items and levels. I still have a few more games to complete before I give more recommendations.

A great many thanks and hi's to all those that have welcomed me and will welcome me to the thread, just encase I miss you. I don't mean to be but when people ask me questions and for recommendations I lose focus on everything else. Same with me and lists too. XD
    Last edited by Muffincat; 08-18-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: double post

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Try not to double post - I merged your posts for you

You can always use the "edit" button if you forgot to add something :3

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Yeah I realized that after I woke up this morning and when I got on here I got sidetracked with more forums.. I should know better, this isn't my first forums but sometimes when you can't sleep and have nothing better to do than float around a forum, you can make mistakes. XD Thanks for looking out, I'll try to cover my tracks a bit better. >.> lol

Thread Information