View Poll Results: is it okay to "camp".

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 59.52%
  • No

13 30.95%
  • I "camp" all the time.

2 4.76%
  • *Clicks de rep button.* "Haha no campers here"

2 4.76%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Anti "campers" make me angry!

Today like most days I play a fps i got yelled at because I "camped" what is with this. I play a game the smart way and stay in the same spot for 2 or so kills and i get called a camper and muted and everything by everyone. i dont get the point of doing that its a smart strategy and I should not be kicked and stuff because I played smart. What do you think of "camping" is it okay or completely wrong and you should be banned from video games if you do it.

I don't know why some people make such a big deal out of it lol
    As far as I'm concerned camping is apart of fps.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    I don't know why some people make such a big deal out of it lol
    As far as I'm concerned camping is apart of fps.

yep its much better than running around like a headless chicken trying to shoot people that are either being smart and waiting or also running around like a headless chicken.

I hate it. Primarily for Spawn Campers. You don't even give people a chance to move before they're dead.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

In my oppinion there are situations where camping is completely legitimate and others where it is unacceptable.

Some examples when camping is allowed:

1. Your team holds 2 out of 3 conquest locations, you know that if your team try to go for the third, you would be streched out to thin and therefore your team digs in on the conquest location closest to the frontline and holds it's ground while snipers take up overwatch positions to cover both of the locations you hold to help out the dug in teammates and to take out anyone trying to get behind your lines to take the other conquest point. the entire team could be camping at this point with the exception of some appointed reconassaince soldiers feeding the dug in troops where to expect the next assault.

2. Deathmatches, both team and solo. Camping has both benefits and negatives and should therefore be completely legitimate.
    The benefits are of course beeing able to ambush your enemy, but after 1-2 succesful ambushes your location should be compromized. Campers are easily defeated if your team utilizes the most basic teamplay rule, communication.

So what if you are hiding in a small hallway waiting for someone to run by, their fault if they get killed. Simply tell them that if they hate campers so much they should learn to check their corners. Besides, running headless into a unsecure hallway is realy dumb anyway.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Of course if you notices that your team needs all the people it can get to push forward to either capture a point or fortify a natural chokepoint, one shouldnt be camping. If you have the slightest doubt in that you are camping at a good location and time, then don't. get out there and help your teammates.

I hate it. Primarily for Spawn Campers. You don't even give people a chance to move before they're dead.
    Yea, spawn campers are realy annoying. Yes it's a good tactic to win, but the fact is that when you are gaming online, you are more or less participating in a competetive sport and as such not giving the opposing team a chance is very unsportlike.

But it should be mentioned that games should be designed to make spawn camping impossible. Like some allready have been.
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 08-22-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    This is probably the only time I think it's unacceptable. I never saw the fun in that.

But if you're playing a game and you find yourself a roof or high point where you want to camp and snipe, then go ahead. Just leave the spawn alone!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

i completely agree with no spawn killing but there is a big difference one i do and the other i would never do. but staying in a tactical position for 2 to 3 kills i think is perfectly fine.

I think camping a hallway with an SMG or a shotgun is not fun, and it's just annoying really. Yeah it gets kills, but it aggravates me.

Sniping from ANYWHERE with a sniper to camp, legit for me. Anyone complains about it is stupid. You don't see snipers running around in the war, they're staying still too. And like Exentenzed said too, camping to control a map is alright too, as long as it's not the spawns.

I think its alright to camp, especially if your a Sniper, I don't know why so many people are b*tching about it, its ridiculous -___________-

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Like most people Im pretty relaxed against camping, its a part of the game. The only camping I hate is spawn camping for obvious reasons. If you hate campers you should learn how to play against them, try to go another path or use flashbangs or smoke and advance in cover.

Thread Information