Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

I am in awe of this game. It is one of few games that manages to immerse you so effectively into the campaign's story and the world that it is in. It's a meaty, brutal, and epic title.

The campaign is far more great than the multiplayer, but the multiplayer still kicks ass.

What did you think?

I havnt played the retail of this yet just the demo but my mate made a comment that really set me back, "this is my new team fortress 2" for this guy to say that is pretty massive.

The demo didnt really do the game justice it seems.

@Jayhmmz did you play the demo prior to the games release and if so is the final release more polished?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberedEyes View Post
    @Jayhmmz did you play the demo prior to the games release and if so is the final release more polished?
    I did, and it is. The texture resolution is better, as well as the general finish of the game. Edges are smoother as well as the controls. A few glitches here and there, but nothing a single patch can't fix.

Maybe I buy it, I love everything that got to do with warhammer 40K.

And I hope the orcs are as funny as usually.

Yeah the Orks are pretty entertaining in this as well :P

WES DA ORKS WES THE BESTEST DER IS!!!! hahaha It's a great game, I just got it for PS3 today, haven't found to many matches online though, but that campaign is still really good

Whats the online play like compared to the campaign mode? Im about through with campaign mode (which also happened to be the first time I played any sort of hack n slash/fps on hard, I was proud of myself xD ) and I love it! But can't play online at this point and it's killing me slowlyyyy lol So I was just curious as to what I was missing and if online play was worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Whats the online play like compared to the campaign mode? Im about through with campaign mode (which also happened to be the first time I played any sort of hack n slash/fps on hard, I was proud of myself xD ) and I love it! But can't play online at this point and it's killing me slowlyyyy lol So I was just curious as to what I was missing and if online play was worth it?

Well Mizel. Online there are two modes "Seize Ground" and "Annihilation" In Seize Ground you are either a Space Marine or a Chaos Marine, and you and your team mates, Capture Control Points like in the Dawn of War Series, And in Annihilation You again are either Space or Chaos, But this time you just blast the brains out of the Opposing side. Very Addicctive, you Progress through the Levels at a Steady Pace, As with each Level you unlock special bonus' Also at Level 5 (or 4 I can't remember) You Unlock the customiser Allowing you to customise your Space Marine and His Chaos Counterpart. You unlock different designs for him Armour after completing certain Achievements Like "Preform 5 Saviour Kills" Or "Kill 3 Enemies with one Frag"

I Enjoy the Online quite alot... so It's worth giving it a shot
    Last edited by BlackEyedJester; 10-12-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Fixing Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by BBloodstain View Post
    Well Mizel. Online there are two modes "Seize Ground" and "Annihilation" In Seize Ground you are either a Space Marine or a Chaos Marine, and you and your team mates, Capture Control Points like in the Dawn of War Series, And in Annihilation You again are either Space or Chaos, But this time you just blast the brains out of the Opposing side. Very Addicctive, you Progress through the Levels at a Steady Pace, As with each Level you unlock special bonus' Also at Level 5 (or 4 I can't remember) You Unlock the customiser Allowing you to customise your Space Marine and His Chaos Counterpart. You unlock different designs for him Armour after completing certain Achievements Like "Preform 5 Saviour Kills" Or "Kill 3 Enemies with one Frag"

I Enjoy the Online quite alot... so It's worth giving it a shot
    It sounds fun! The only reason I was skeptical is because I've heard from others that it's not fun because everyone just runs around with jetpacks and hammers and there isn't any challenge to it and it gets annoying :X

That aspect is true. The noobs fly around with Jet packs and Hammers... but there are many places where you can easily be defended from said noobs haha. you just need to know where to look
    Last edited by BlackEyedJester; 10-12-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Adding on

Thread Information