Threaded View

Default This is why I can't have nice things...

Ok, so... worst luck ever. I just managed to drop my R2 Droid in the toilet... and no, I wasnt changing into my superhero costume, taking poop pictures, or even texting! lol It was in my sweatshirt pocket. I can gaurantee you that my aim has -never- been that good except for that precise moment in time >_< The good part is- it's still working.... for now. The screen is def messed up- the bottom lower corner is brighter then the rest of the screen but otherwise it stull functions... and there's tons of condensation on the screen as well which is why I say working, 'for now.' And thanks to previous experience, I was smart enough to get insurance on this phone... the bad part is, even with insurance it's $100 to replace the phone -and- my R2 version has been discontinued as far as I know so I dont think Ill be able to get the same phone I have now Anyways! Point of my post... moving on to the bad luck part :P This is the -third- phone.. in a row... that something like this has happened to. Phone #1: my EnV... first phone I bought myself, smart phone, loved it... didnt get insurance because, well, Im cheap xD Had it for less then 24 hours when I gave it to my friend to look at and she dropped it in her cup of coffee -__- Tried to play it off to Verizon that I have no idea what happened.... unfortunately thats about the time they started using water makers to indicate liquid damage. SO, had no choice but to use that phone (worked for the most part othen then a couple buttons that didnt register) until it was time for the next one. Next phone was a Motorola Droid.. again, no insurance. I just figured I wouldnt let anyone with a drink touch it lol :P Welllll a couple months after I got that phone I dropped in it the toilet. No idea how, just kinda happened... water indicator = no replacement and that phone was totally messed up and not working at all and $500 to replace. So, I sold the broken one on eBay for a good bit (yes, someone was stupid enough to buy it -despite- the fact it was listed as broken) and bought an HTC Droid to replace it. Worst.phone.everrrrr. But, it did what it was supposed to do and worked until again it was time for a new phone. The timing was perfect... they had just released the R2 Droid when it was time to renew my contract and it being Star Wars themed, of course I had to get it! :P Then alas, the dreaded toilet again So seeings as my luck with anything expensive and technological (I wont even get into what happened with my last computer or last 2 ipods :P )... I was just wondering if you guys have any stories on similar experiences.

Thread Information