Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xenoblade Chronicles - My final Opinon...

I just completed the game and I want to tell you about it, giving you an opinion about how it is. I'll tell you shortly about the good and bad things, this is NO review, it is just something you should read if you are interested in this game and didn't got it yet. The part of the good things is a little bit short but that's because if I would write much about it, I won't be able to hide spoilers.

At first the bad things because it is better to finish this part:

That game wouldn't be that hard if there weren't enemy who are almost 40x times bigger than you and kick you off for example a bridge. But they don't "kick" you off the bridge exactly, if they are moving, they are pushing you off the way and if your main character dies, the fight is over because no one of your teammates is able to review you when you are a piece of a flat pancake on the ground who fell about 900km on the ground. That's causing a lot of frustration and I was about to throw my controller on the floor and stop playing this game. Another thing is: This is an old-school RPG, not in Gameplay but in length. You're busy at least 80-170 hours. If you think "Yeah I almost done it", be sure: You are not, it just started. You have some kind of a feeling that it never really ends. Only near the end itself (about 5-10 hours before the ending) can you imagine when it could end. That is another point of frustration.
    But let's go away of the frustration part and head over to the bad things of the actual Gameplay:
    The world is huge and that's kind of a problem with "Collecting" Quests we all hate and know from MMO-RPGs like World of Warcraft. The world is just so large that it's hard to find items because they spawn randomly (you have to collect them by running over it) and they spawn at different places and different times (day or night). Then the other thing I almost puked over: You find everything you DON'T need. But hey, you can sell it for money you only need for buying books to increase the skills of your heroes and for another thing I won't tell you about because of spoilers.
    Then the fast-travel system. You have times where you actually have 3 fast-travel points nearby and a large place between. The only way to solve this? Right, run until your feets bleed.
    Another problem is: The game has points, where it's forcing you to do some things before continuing about a half hour or two hours, depends on what kind of gamer you are. It's increasing the length with stuff that could have been skipped easily. That's something that bothered me in way too many games, Metroid Prime and Final Fantasy as a few of much more examples. It's not that dramatic like in those games but still annoying.
    Btw. you can't make own choices in the main Story of this game (you can rarely do own choices what to do next and how it should end in sidequests) but that's a thing of your own opinion.

Ok, now for the good things:

The Story is one of the most awesome things I experienced. It never gets boring, you want to know everything, the game explains everything and you want to know what is happening next. I can't tell you much about it because you can't really know the story, you have to feel it.
    The Gameplay and fighting system is just awesome and the strategic possibilities never getting boring. Every new enemy have his own new Skills and Abillites and have a good AI too. The Boss Battles are well made and perfect for the normal-hard difficulty (not chooseable if you think that).
    The monsters don't level up with your hero (pissed me off in Oblivion) and the music is never annoying, it is one of the most awesome tracks I heared so far. You'll never actually get stucked in Story because you always become a sign where you have to go next/what to do next to continue with story. In most cases you can just take a rest and fast travel back to another point.
    The voice actors are doing a wonderfull job and are well chosen. So are the characters even if your main Character, name is Shulk are well made. All the voice actors are british so the voice acting do have a british accent.
    The Graphics of the characters and some textures are like on PS2, but the focus of graphic is in environment and effects. These are so good, it even causes rarely some FPS problems. Actually, those FPS problems are a good thing. It gives you a little bit more time in your decisions because the fights requires quick decisions, thinking and some kind of "thinking ahead of time". You need to make good decisions to win a battle, because if you won't do, you'll probably die. Every character has his own unique abilitys and you have to use them smartly.

What else can I say? I have an idea, if you have any questions left, ask me in this thread or tell me your opinion about this little "report".
    Thanks for reading. Btw. I don't write so much in english so please have mercy if I made mistakes.

I has question.

This game had my attention at one point cause I wanted it but then it didn't come out in the US. Did it make its way here without me noticing?

^^
    I would like to know that as well ..

It isn't released in the US yet. Nintendo of America don't want to release it in America, for whatever reason. Xenoblade Chronicles sold very well in Europe and they shouldn't have a reason not to release it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordry View Post
    It isn't released in the US yet. Nintendo of America don't want to release it in America, for whatever reason. Xenoblade Chronicles sold very well in Europe and they shouldn't have a reason not to release it.
    Darn you Nintendo! I bet they do the same thing the for Monster Hunter 3DS release in Europe D :

Quote Originally Posted by ZXDarknessfalls View Post
    Darn you Nintendo! I bet they do the same thing the for Monster Hunter 3DS release in Europe D :
    Look at the bright side, americans mostly have uncensored versions of PC games and they have most of the games (like Kirby Return to Dreamland) before us european.

You have a reason to be glad:

Gamestop makes an exklusive Deal to bring Xenoblade Chronicles to Amerika.

Amerika Release is now: 03.04.12
    So simply the third april 2012.

I know it's not a review but maybe you could tell us (me) more about the game since I've never heard of it, I don't know if it's a series, and I really don't know what kind of game it is. I'm assuming RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Kink3bird View Post
    I know it's not a review but maybe you could tell us (me) more about the game since I've never heard of it, I don't know if it's a series, and I really don't know what kind of game it is. I'm assuming RPG?
    It is an Japanese RPG and the current best RPG you can find for the Wii.
    And it's becoming probably a series but if, then this is the first game of the series.
    And it doesn't have anything to do with the Xenogears Saga, even if the developers are the same.

Oh and some info it was announced that it is coming to NA now!

Thread Information