Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quotes

Default Favorite Quotes

I know there's a favorite movie quote thread, but I figure I'd expand upon that.... especially because all of my favorite movie quotes are too crude to post :P

So! Favorite quotes from *anything*... movies, games, poems, songs, books, celebrities... any and all

Couple of my fav's to start:

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore."
    *Neil Gaiman (from Sandman)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    *Albert Einstein

"It wasn't impossible to build rapture under the sea. It was impossible to build it anywhere else."
    *Bioshock 2

I got a few quotes.

Bioshock( The talk in the beginning of the game)

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

Metro 2033 (from a character called khan, he delivers several memorable quotes)

"You reap what you sow, Artyom: force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without any thought or doubt"

Snakes on a plane.(Its just so cheesy)

"Im tired of these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane!!!!!!!"

I got a few more but I wont post them "for now"

I have some. :3

"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way."
    -Heraclitus

"Ignore any loss of nerve, ignore and loss of self-confidence, ignore any doubt or confusion. move on believing in love, in peace, and harmony, and in great accomplishment. Remember joy isn't a stranger to you. You are winning and you are strong. Love. Love first, love always, love forever. "
    -Anne Rice

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
    -Unknown

I have more I like, but I figured I'd share a few for now.

^Made by Juicyz^

The best excuse in the World...to join the party.

The Cave Johnson Lemon Rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeJ1Sauv2gc

But on a more serious note,

If it's not angry, young, and beautiful, I don't want any part of it. - Tom Gabel

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    I got a few quotes.

Bioshock( The talk in the beginning of the game)

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

Metro 2033 (from a character called khan, he delivers several memorable quotes)

"You reap what you sow, Artyom: force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without any thought or doubt"

Snakes on a plane.(Its just so cheesy)

"Im tired of these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane!!!!!!!"

I got a few more but I wont post them "for now"
    I love everything from Bioshock

I wonder why it is that we so often imprison ourselves in the opinions of other people. There can be no punishment worse than conspiring in our own diminishment. ~Dawna Markova

Ellis from L4D2:

"My buddy Keith tried camping out on top of a building once. He was shooting crows, but the police were too busy teargassin' him to ask what he was doin' up there. He screamed for an entire year every single time he opened his eyes! Oh, man! At first, it was funny; then it just got sad, but then it got funny again! Oh, man!"

Albert Einstein: "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I know there's a favorite movie quote thread, but I figure I'd expand upon that.... especially because all of my favorite movie quotes are too crude to post :P

So! Favorite quotes from *anything*... movies, games, poems, songs, books, celebrities... any and all

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    *Albert Einstein
    I like this idea! And that quote is a very powerful thing. I should really use it as my outlook on life. Surprised I hadn't heard it before! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyr View Post
    "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
    -Unknown
    ^^ Love that!!

Here are a few of my favorite quotes (I have bunchesss haha):

"I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face." - Johnny Depp (my motto )

"Who you choose to be around is a constant reminder of who you really are." - Unknown

"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it." - Belgicia Howell
    ..would you kill to save a life?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

"Who you choose to be around is a constant reminder of who you really are." - Unknown
    So true Although now that I think about who I hang out with on daily basis, Im not sure that's a good thing! :P

"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it."- Robert E. lee

" Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards."- Fred hoyle"

Im trying to find a few more, its hard.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."-
    Emo Philips

Thread Information