Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliai View Post
    I must admit, I am a WoW whore and cannot get oenough of it. I was therfore rather hesitant when I caught the new trailer for MoP. At first I was dead against the idea of Po and friends as it looked to childish for my liking (I am a lore fiend). I understand that WoW has had Panderin since Warcraft 3 but they are really just a jokey side attraction. I am down for beta testing the MoP and I am prepared to withhold my judgement till then, but it is not looking good from the releases I have seen. The new talent system is shocking and I hope not a final decision. It is yet another way to dumb down the game for braindead idiots to not struggle.
    I was actually kind of excited about the idea of the Panderin hah I think it’s kind of a sell out, and I mean they are using the same race for both sides…. but they’re just so damn cute xD

I totally agree with the dumbing down the game though. They’ve been doing it consistently for awhile and it sucks. I will admit, there are many changes that make the game less time consuming which some refer to as “dumbing down”- but that’s not what bothers me. Years ago you had the ability to min max your character. You had 3 sets of trees, all of which you had the ability to put points into. If you were stupid enough to put your talent points all over the place- your character sucked. That meant you actually had to read each skill from each tree to know how everything was going to be affected, a simple trial and error process. I was most definitely guilty of this…. My main char is a lock. When I first made her I had points all over the place, causing my DPS to downright *suck*. Instead of whining about it, blaming it on the game and quitting, I stuck to it and in the end it turned out great. Imo, trial and error with the trees and skills results in you knowing your class in and out.

Well, I guess having the ability to completely customize your character’s skills proved too difficult for some. Blizzard’s response: cut down the number of talent points you receive and make it so that you can only spec into a single tree. That way, the people that were butthurt over the fact that they couldn’t handle figuring out how to properly make a character would feel better…. But whatever, it still worked I suppose. You still had a teeny tiny bit of customization you could do, but the process was still idiot proof…. Or so I thought until I saw the new talent system. Now you have one talent point, every FIFTEEN levels, equaling 6 whole points. Oh boy >_< When I saw that, it blew my mind. I mean seriously this:

Compared to this:

I stuck through Blizzard making questing easier, gaining experience easier, making instances easier, making gear easier to get and raids easier to complete…. but turning every class into boring, generic, idiot-proof clones that take no thought to make or play, no thanks. Makes me sad :/ I just hope someday an MMO is released that compares to WoW, because in it’s prime it really was a fantastic game.

Thread Information