Thread: Dark Souls

Default Dark Souls

Hey guys its been a while since i posted i had some real life business to sort out. anyhoo i just ordered the special ed of dark souls for the ps3.

have any of you guys already picked this up? if so what are you throughts on it is it as brutal as everyone is saying if you played the first demons souls how much harder/easier is it im pretty interested to hear anyones thoughts on this game.

I thought they toned it down a little. Its for sure possible to get through the game without a lot of help. I think it is much better than Demons Souls. Perfected the original idea.

I've put in about 10 hours. 8 of that was spent dying.

Oh that makes it easier than demon souls then. I spent 9/19th of the time dying.

man, so far I got 6 hours on it and .... MAN i'm stuck in the part where I gotta ring the 2nd bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    man, so far I got 6 hours on it and .... MAN i'm stuck in the part where I gotta ring the 2nd bell.
    You're on your way to the second bell after only 6 hours? I'm impressed. Then again if I had spent the early time getting the drake sword first I probably would have slayed through a good chunk of the undead burgh.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberedEyes View Post
    Hey guys its been a while since i posted i had some real life business to sort out. anyhoo i just ordered the special ed of dark souls for the ps3.

have any of you guys already picked this up? if so what are you throughts on it is it as brutal as everyone is saying if you played the first demons souls how much harder/easier is it im pretty interested to hear anyones thoughts on this game.
    Yep bought it the other week, tried it but it's on the list to be played fully in the next few days. From what I've seen and done so far gotta say impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by hidekipooj View Post
    You're on your way to the second bell after only 6 hours? I'm impressed. Then again if I had spent the early time getting the drake sword first I probably would have slayed through a good chunk of the undead burgh.
    impressed? nah, don't be... cause you know, I ran through it. except battle those gargoyles. thats about all I had to go through. and... soul farming I wanna do, but I dont wanna waste time, I gotta reach that 2nd bell!

Just made it to Sen's Fortress and almost too scared to go on. I can't believe I've even made it this far when the only help I've gotten to beat a boss is a few NPC summons and a very helpful human-player tank for Great Wolf Sef. I've managed to Soul Grind myself to Soul Level 101 without beating the game first.. I couldn't help it.. I get scared of the dark. D:

Xbox Live: event decay

Playstation Network: mutilations
    What is reality compared to me?

yeah, thats what I'm trying to do now, save up 20,000 souls and buy that crest thingy to grind even more in this 'dark root forest' its insane. I have 2 options, just level up & grind for souls, or just save & grind even more, all thanks to some soul harvesting 'dark souls' on youtube.

Thread Information