Default Batlefield 3 =sadism to animals ?

First-person shooter "Battlefield 3": sadism to animals?

"PETA criticizes animal slaughter in computer game
    As of 7 November 2011
    7 November 2011 - For some, it is the game of the year. For others a brutal first-person shooter.. The animal rights organization PETA Germany criticises Battlefield 3 that you can kill animals in a sadistic. This gives players the option to kill a rat in the back with a combat knife and lift it in the tail and, then cast it aside like trash.

PETA points out that the killing virtual animals may have a brutalizing effect on the young male target audience. There have been repeated in Germany on cases of animal cruelty, where young people kill animals in cruel ways. Inspiration for these acts they received in the past, often by violent movies and computer games. "Once this first step of brutalization - in the form of animal cruelty - only done once, it is up to the violence against other people do not often far more - the scientists have already found out," says Nadia Kutscher, campaign manager for PETA.

PETA criticizes this approach and ask the makers, the future to refrain from such content.

Interview Contact:
    Bartek Langer, 07 156 / 1782827, BartekL@peta.de"

So what do you think, here is the part they talk about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWNTaODwYqU

I think its just bull****, killing thousands of people is fine but stabbing one rat!!!!

Oh I forgot to mention, the article is translated from german so there are probably a few errors.
    Last edited by paecmaker; 11-08-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Hahahahaha. Oh my gosh this made me laugh so hard. You can shoot people, stab them (not likely in BF) blow them up, and rum them over but you can't stab a rat. If killing a rat in the video game makes you want to do it in real life why don't they care about you killing people. Killing a rat is sadistic. Haha

Facepalm of the year goes to...

That's retarded. I've been killing squirrels, chickens, rats, and small birds in WoW for 5 years no. I don't see why it's a problem here.

Omg roflbryce! Don't you know that will make you kill rats squirrels and small birds in real life? Haha. And I actually have killed chickens.

Thats pretty lame....if that was the case why havnt all pest controllers been lynched in Germany? err cos rats are filthy

Here we go yet again, blame games and movies for violence in a new way. We'd better stop killing aliens soon or it may be considered a threat to the Empire faorces or Klingons in cruel way, mmmmmmm getting carried away here .. but then so are these people think that all the worlds faults is anything to do with enjoyment.

Guess I'll have to let the mice raid our kitchen and ask the politely to leave! Nah, don't think so, I'll set the traps whenever I need.

I find this hilarious, have they gone after the creators of starfox yet?

Thread Information