Default MoP Expansion Race

Hey guys,
    As you know the new WoW expansion MoP is going to introduce Panderin (/sigh) as the new playable race.

What race would you have chosen to include if you had the decision to make?

I'm fine with Pandaren. There's a ton of lore freaks that have been begging for it, and it'll give it a new twist to the game. I think Blizzard will implement them well. I don't know the Warcaft universe well enough to decide on a race.

More classes, sure though. I'd swap the Pandaren for battlemages (plate mages, with 2h maces and swords), necromancers (death knight playstyle but with leather, and more focus/relying on summoning), rangers (hunters no pets, with nature spells), etc. Those would be cool I think. OR a re-work of classes. If you hit 85, you can start an alternate character at 55 (any class instead of just hero (DK) that takes you up to 60/65 with a full class tutorial up to that level in all aspects (healing practice, tank practice, DPS practice for pally's and druids) )

I don't see what the big fuss is over Pandaren though. There are pig people (Orcs kinda) cow people (Tauren), lizard people (Naga), frog people (Murlocs), Tiger people, Walrus people (Tuskarr) Werewolves, etc. I remember seeing a chart of ~12-15 different animal based characters that nobody has had a complaint with yet. I'm excited to see Pandaria and the content it has.

Yea, that was the main thing that kept me interested and made me want to go for the Beta, is that there is lore to back up the choice. I suppose that it is down to the fact that kung-fu Panda came and gave us this childish cartoon like figure.
    I just hope Blizzard continue with the same theme for the game and dont try to change it.
    After watching the trailor I was not convinced and seeing the new talent system even less so, but at the end of the day it is only theoretical changes and can be tweaked and changed upto release.
    After using the new talents I may be swayed that they are better lol, I guess it's just the Englishman in me that hates change :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliai View Post
    Yea, that was the main thing that kept me interested and made me want to go for the Beta, is that there is lore to back up the choice. I suppose that it is down to the fact that kung-fu Panda came and gave us this childish cartoon like figure.
    I just hope Blizzard continue with the same theme for the game and dont try to change it.
    After watching the trailor I was not convinced and seeing the new talent system even less so, but at the end of the day it is only theoretical changes and can be tweaked and changed upto release.
    After using the new talents I may be swayed that they are better lol, I guess it's just the Englishman in me that hates change :P
    Yeah a lot of people do relate it to Kung-Fu panda, but at the same time this will show Blizzard's interpretation of this. The Pandaren are brave fighters in the game, and Blizzard will definitely capture that.

I'm not a fan of change either. I stick to the norm with everything I do. But after you adapt you go "huh. This kinda kicks ass!" lol. The way I see it, is don't get your panties in a bunch until the release, you've made a monk up to 20, and you've done a couple dungeons at 90. Then you've got enough of the expansion under your belt to decide for yourself if you like it or not!

Thats it at the end of the day. I'm not that captured by the trailor as I was with the Cata one or the WotLK before it but I will give it a go and base my final opinion on that.

Nothing more I can really do.

the whole kung fu panda idea is kind of stupi but I will not complain because I cant wait to be top heals and top dps lol

Thread Information