Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh my god, that would have been so. bad. XD Emma Watson is far too innocent for such a mature role.

i know i don't think she would have coped with some of the scenes.
    <3 thank you knibbler <3

<3 Knibbler Gave Me My Crush <3

my sigs new stuff - Gamers Forum
    my shop :: Devils Shoppie Time - Gamers Forum

Quote Originally Posted by apatheticarchetype View Post
    I hope this isn't a repost. xD

Anywho, I saw the remake of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo today and it was absolutely brilliant in my opinion. I spent so long being hateful towards the release because I love the book and the original movie so much. I was proved so wrong it isn't even funny as the movie was so freaking great. It stuck so close to the book and the cinematography was so wonderful.

So to broaden this post to make for easier discussion, has anyone seen the original film? What did you think of it? And what about the remake?

Even more general: what do you think of film remakes? ^_^
    I was skeptical at first until I saw who the Director was. If any director were to give me hope about a American version of TGWTDT, it would be David Fincher. It's perfect for him! I mean Fight Club, Se7en, The Game, this is his type of stuff and he does it flawlessly!

But film remakes I think are the downfall of my generations cinema... I mean re-imaginings like Batman Begins are incredible and deserve a chance but this hollywood horse**** that is remakes are in my opinion executives who want to rape and pillage great classics in order to fill their pockets. I seriously haven't been to the movies as much in the past 3 years because of all the crap suffocating the industry. It's so hard to find a good original movie nowadays..

Quote Originally Posted by Kink3bird View Post
    I was skeptical at first until I saw who the Director was. If any director were to give me hope about a American version of TGWTDT, it would be David Fincher. It's perfect for him! I mean Fight Club, Se7en, The Game, this is his type of stuff and he does it flawlessly!

But film remakes I think are the downfall of my generations cinema... I mean re-imaginings like Batman Begins are incredible and deserve a chance but this hollywood horse**** that is remakes are in my opinion executives who want to rape and pillage great classics in order to fill their pockets. I seriously haven't been to the movies as much in the past 3 years because of all the crap suffocating the industry. It's so hard to find a good original movie nowadays..
    I agree with you on both points made here. I'm too young to have seen a lot of the movies that are considered classics, but I know enough of what I've seen to know that there is absolutely no need for them to be remade. I honestly think the industry is more about cheap thrills for dumbed down audiences than keeping any kind of substance and wonder in the films they spew out.

Thread Information