Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Star Wars The Old Republic MMO

So the registration between Bioware, LA, and EA was brutal to get through. But this game looks pretty promising ont he grounds of it delivering solid RPG storytelling from Bioware in an MMO setting.

So far it claims to be the fastest growing MMO since launch on the 20th. My friends already have a pretty large guild going for the sith, and I plan on playing an Imperial agent first. I'm also very interested to see the story arc for the storm trooper.

The dark side is going to be pretty popular from what I can tell.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    The dark side is going to be pretty popular from what I can tell.
    Sith Inquisitor here pro healz ftw!

BobTD, how's the gameplay really like? Is SWTOR really as good as others are saying? I'm thinking of getting my hands on SWTOR but I don't wanna be playing it only for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by PressKean View Post
    BobTD, how's the gameplay really like? Is SWTOR really as good as others are saying? I'm thinking of getting my hands on SWTOR but I don't wanna be playing it only for a month.
    In my opinion it is as good as its hype. Ah well, after playing it a bit Im thoroughly addicted.

The plot really does not feel like an MMO, its closer to a good RPG, and by that I mean it has actual storytelling and dialog. Because Bioware developed the game its very similar to their previous games. So if you liked KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect or Dragon Age you will probably enjoy the story telling.

And I am a fan of the gameplay in general. After I hit lvl 10 and started doing group story missions the game just blew me away. The group missions are done better than any other MMO. Jedi tearing through mobs with force powers and light-sabers, your support units taking cover. There is a lot of emphasis on diving into cover if you are a gun user. It really fits into the Star Wars theme very well when you dive into cover and trade fire with the enemy. It also adds more strategy to gameplay as in most MMo games you either have the lvl and skills to handle a mob or you dont. In this case you can handle harder mobs solo with effective use of cover and it makes you think twice about how to approach combat.

Effectively this is an MMO you could solo and feel like you where playing an RPG like KOTOR or NWK2, but you can also bring your friends along. So I am excited to see if they can handle raids and end game content in a way that is also interesting and fresh.
    Last edited by BobTD; 12-25-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I guess that's it. I've been making enough research and I'll probably get SWTOR before new year. I'll hit you up with a PM when I start

I have SWTOR ordered and on its way to me : D
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

I'd play this if it was just a case of buying the disk, but something about paying every month to play a game I already own feels like a con to me.

Argggg, can't afford it yet

Bought too many Xmas gifts. I r sad panda.

If I could sex this game on a remote beach during sunset, then I would. Hell, it wouldn't even have to be a remote beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimallife View Post
    I'd play this if it was just a case of buying the disk, but something about paying every month to play a game I already own feels like a con to me.
    That's how I feel about it but friends made me get it.
    MADE ME.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Thread Information