Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Are you the only gamer in your group of friends?

Are you the only person in your group of friends that spends most of their free time playing games?

I know i am, none of my friends are as crazy as i am when it comes to my games and in saying friends, i only have a handful of people that i call friends. Whenever i talk about games, i get names like; freak, wierdo, loser etc.

I'll admit, i might ignore it at the time but thinking about it after a while, it does hurt.

I hide behind an image that most people see these days, and only a selected few see the real me.

I want to know if there are people out there that are going through or have gone through something similar.

My friends are gamers as well, they dont say things because that I play games but what games I play. I enjoy Arma 2 wich they dont so they always mention that as a bad game and so on. Its annoying.

However about everyone else probably think that I play TOOO MUCH, mostly my parents.

Most of my friends play some type of video games, only a few of them are into as much as I am, actually probably 2 or 3, maybe 4. The rest only play games like Call of Duty or sport games. If I'm hanging out with someone that doesn't game much, we'll just talk about other things. I actually don't talk about games that much unless someone ask me about them, or we just got done playing one or are getting ready too.

I don't really have any friends so yes I'm the only one in my group of friends.

kinda kinda no my freind is a hipacrit i talk about game and hes like why you a retarted gamer your such a loser then like an hour later hes talking to me about how he got a 10-1 on mw3 or how he stayyed up till 4 playing halo. uhhhg what an idiot

A good handful of my friends are casual gamers, and about .. twoo or threeee? are more into games lol we don't really play together much (besides COD) because they're xbox gamers haha. I'm more pc and have a ps3.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

I don't have a ton of friends, but they are all gamers. We play a ton of the classics (Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FF4-7) and not so much current games. Its kind of nice to relive my childhood gaming memories with a group of friends who enjoy them as much as I do.

Out of the group of friends I have around here that do game, I'm pretty much the only PC gamer so we never really play or discuss games together except when we're hanging out, and when we get together, it's usually not to do anything involving games. That's why I joined the forums =D

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetforgotten View Post
    I don't have a ton of friends, but they are all gamers. We play a ton of the classics (Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FF4-7) and not so much current games. Its kind of nice to relive my childhood gaming memories with a group of friends who enjoy them as much as I do.
    Man, you're lucky! I only have one friend that I'd bet knows what Chrono Trigger even is. ._.
    Last edited by Synge; 02-05-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typoooo

Sig by TheMangler

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    Out of the group of friends around here that do game, I'm pretty much the only PC gamer so we never really play or discuss games together except when we're hanging out, and we get together, it's usually not to do anything involving games. That's why I joined the forums =D

Man, you're lucky! I only have one friend that I'd bet knows what Chrono Trigger even is. ._.
    Yeah, thats why i join forums too.

And at least most of u have at least one friend thats into games whereas i don't really have as many friends that are.

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post

Haha yeah all my friends own expensive, awesome RPG classics. I dated one of them at one point and she gave me Valkyrie Profile and Tomba. I have yet to return them

Thread Information