View Poll Results: Do you think that the Online Pass is necessary?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 5.00%
  • No

17 85.00%
  • Not bothered

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Online Pass

Exclamation The Online Pass

Where do you stand on the Online Pass? Featured in games such as Battlefield 3 and FIFA 12 on the consoles.

I myself think it's a bad idea, and it's just greedy on the developers and publishers parts. I've written my full-blown opinion here in this article. They obviously don't want to lose out on profits when their games are traded-in and passed on to other gamers which doesn't benefit them in a financial sense, but come on, they make enough money as it is from direct game sales and various DLC packages.

What do you think?

I a truely despise it! I think it is ridiculous considering there are those who rent games, and buy them from places like GameStop. On top of paying for a used game, which could back fire dempnidng on the condition, we also have to pay to go online too?!? I just think it is greedy to take advantage of gamers who say, only play FIFA for online matches.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

I feel really sorry for kids who have to share an xbox, yet have their own gamertag. If kid1 plays Fifa on his gamertag first christmas day, then he can go online, while kid 2 wont be able to.. It's a massive scam.. There should definitely be a few protests against EA the greedy B******S
    YNWA
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Yeah its utter bs in my opinion! As Jayhmmz said, of course they don't wanna lose out on profit but that is just tooooo greedy!
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

Another thing that pissed me off about it, I had two gamer tags when Fifa 11 was out, and without realising registered on the wrong gamertag. (I hadn't used that gamertag for 2 or 3 years).. So when I wanted to play it on my proper game tag, I couldn't..

And there was no real easy way at the time to get this problem sorted. So I had two choices, add all my friends on my old gamer tag. Or buy fifa again.. To save myself hassle I re-bought it.
    YNWA

I never personally had a problem with it, but it is annoying how I can't play any online sports games when I borrow them from someone. Cooperate Greed, it's everywhere.

I'm glad you all agree. However, I don't think there could be enough protests in the world to stop them from doing this, because they can do it and get away with it, they know people will still buy their games as they're hugely popular.

Regarding the FIFA series, if Pro Evolution Soccer pull their fingers out and make a once-great franchise great once again, then FIFA will be getting the cold shoulder. I have PES 2012 on the PC, and I can say that they're getting close to re-discovering their form.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    I'm glad you all agree. However, I don't think there could be enough protests in the world to stop them from doing this, because they can do it and get away with it, they know people will still buy their games as they're hugely popular.

Regarding the FIFA series, if Pro Evolution Soccer pull their fingers out and make a once-great franchise great once again, then FIFA will be getting the cold shoulder. I have PES 2012 on the PC, and I can say that they're getting close to re-discovering their form.
    There is another option, this too requires us (The buyers) to come togheter. We can go the legal way and demand our representatives to put forward a suggestion to increase the buyers rights when purchasing digital entertainment, and have it include that such extreme restrictions should be illegal. We could start it by thoroughly laying the groundwork, like what suggestions should be included in this bill, a short summary of why we need this and why it's important we act now before it becomes too common to be stopped.

If we start on this project we can also fire off a email to gabe newell (CEO of Valve) which have for a long time been against these kinds of restrictions, and see if he would be willing to help us create sensible and fair content for this bill. Because then we would have a paying customers point of view, and also a developer/publisher point of view.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 03-16-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    There is another option, this too requires us (The buyers) to come togheter. We can go the legal way and demand our representatives to put forward a suggestion to increase the buyers rights when purchasing digital entertainment, and have it include that such extreme restrictions should be illegal. We could start it by thoroughly laying the groundwork, like what suggestions should be included in this bill, a short summary of why we need this and why it's important we act now before it becomes too common to be stopped.

If we start on this project we can also fire off a email to gabe newell (CEO of Valve) which have for a long time been against these kinds of restrictions, and see if he would be willing to help us create sensible and fair content for this bill. Because then we would have a paying customers point of view, and also a developer/publisher point of view.

Thoughts?
    This is a good plan, but I myself would not have any spare time to get involved in such a movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post

Thoughts?
    Everyone trys that stuff, never works. I bet people already did something to that extent about it.

Thread Information