Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Hardest Game You Ever Beat?

Hi everyone! Recently, I've been noticing how easy most modern games are compared to older ones. I can easily beat the COD games on the hardest setting. At first I thought I was just getting really good at gaming, but then the thought occurred to me that I hardly ever finished any games when I was young. I dusted off the old NES, turned on Megaman, and realized a dramatic increase in difficulty. I want to see what was the hardest game everyone has beat so I can see if new games truly are getting easier. The hardest game I ever beat was TMNT for the NES. Sure, there were a few tricks to beating the main bosses, but anyone who gets through the final levels deserves a medal. Finding the Technodrome, destroying it, getting through it, and defeating Shredder required the most gaming skills than any other game I have ever played.

Omg, don't get me started on this rant LOL All I can say is.... I haven't played a game with a challenge since.... hmmmm..... the SNES :P

Like.... I don't know what kids nowadays think is hard..... but you wanna blow their friggin minds? Give them Chrono Trigger or Breath of Fire xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Omg, don't get me started on this rant LOL All I can say is.... I haven't played a game with a challenge since.... hmmmm..... the SNES :P

Like.... I don't know what kids nowadays think is hard..... but you wanna blow their friggin minds? Give them Chrono Trigger or Breath of Fire xD
    Yeah, most older gamers would list mostly NES and SNES games, there are sooo many I was never able to finish (yay for older cousins. I enjoyed watching them as much as I did playing myself).. but there are some pretty tough newer games. Have you played Demon's Souls or Dark Souls? And Devil May Cry 3 kicked my ass.

Sig by TheMangler

I actually really wanna try both. I have Soul's sitting on my shelf and Ive never played D:

The game that is life! That mean SOB beats me down everytime! But I will not yeild! But video game idk?

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I actually really wanna try both. I have Soul's sitting on my shelf and Ive never played D:
    You should give em a go, they're awesome; Some of the best and most memorable games to come out this gen.

Sig by TheMangler

Oh Dark Souls was more unforgiving then hard for me... made me tear up a couple times

They're not as difficult as people make them out to be. But the gameplay is amazing, makes you actually think about what you're doing rather than just going through the motions, like a lot of games these days.

Sig by TheMangler

Ya. BUt one thing I would I hated was how 3/4 of my deaths were from rolling off a cliff.

Hahah, yeah. I learned quickly to watch myself around edges.

Actually, I think fall deaths helped me more than anything :P, pretty useful for changing world tendency.

Sig by TheMangler

Thread Information