Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vaygah's First Flash Game!!

Okay so I am totally stoked .. lol okay before I get anyone's hopes up it's not super awesome .. it's actually well not an original idea .. but I am learning and working my way up .. gotta start somewhere right?? I wanted to share it with you guys cause well .. I was just excited that I got it functional!!! lol So go check it out at my Gaming Blog (Glog) Site and let me know what ya's think .. again it's very trivial I hope to get into more advanced stuff soon, note: if anyone is awesome at flash and would like to mentor me I would SOO appreciate it lol ) Thanks for checking it out and giving feedback guys I appreciate it <3

Vaygah makes first Flash Game - Pong

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygah View Post
    Okay so I am totally stoked .. lol okay before I get anyone's hopes up it's not super awesome .. it's actually well not an original idea .. but I am learning and working my way up .. gotta start somewhere right?? I wanted to share it with you guys cause well .. I was just excited that I got it functional!!! lol So go check it out at my Gaming Blog (Glog) Site and let me know what ya's think .. again it's very trivial I hope to get into more advanced stuff soon, note: if anyone is awesome at flash and would like to mentor me I would SOO appreciate it lol ) Thanks for checking it out and giving feedback guys I appreciate it <3

Vaygah makes first Flash Game - Pong

I hate it.

...I kept losing.

Seriously though, good job can't wait to see more!

LMAO OMG!! I was panicking when I saw "I hate it" .. LOL I was like oh man super huge blow to the ego lol .. Im gonna try my best to come up with another idea to try to recreate and learn more .. ugh coding is ballz lol

thanks for checking it out though Really appreciate it ) Like feedback .. even if you hate it lol

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Heh, good old pong.

Was a bit too easy though. :P
    KzJRh.jpg

Maby add some music to it? of course not everyone likes that, so if you do decide to do so, a mute button would probably be needed too.
    But if you are serious about flash games those are things you need to know anyway so.

Anyway, good start. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

If i may though, even though its pong, you might want to consider adding a original twist to it, you know, so when people are talking about your game they will actually call it Vaygah pong.
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 04-05-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    Heh, good old pong.

Was a bit too easy though. :P
    KzJRh.jpg

Maby add some music to it? of course not everyone likes that, so if you do decide to do so, a mute button would probably be needed too.
    But if you are serious about flash games those are things you need to know anyway so.

Anyway, good start. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

If i may though, even though its pong, you might want to consider adding a original twist to it, you know, so when people are talking about your game they will actually call it Vaygah pong.
    Thanks for your input Exent . Music would be a nice touch come to think of it! I will definitely consider adding that into either this game or future games. My thought on the music though is that I may have to create my own midi so as not to run into any trouble with just using some music .. copyright and all lol ... But I will put that on my gigantic list of things to do and learn.

I appreciate the advice on adding an original twist to it, I hope to have that in the upcoming games (hopefully some graphics other than just white circle and white rectangles lol!) whatever they may be .. haven't really figured out what my next step would be without jumping too far ahead of myself.

This is my first flash I've ever made .. period .. Have never coded in flash before and came up with this in almost 2 days ... Was really frustrated cause the dang thing wasn't compiling .. after 5 HOURS of ripping my hair out .. I realized it was ONE FRIGGIN LETTER was not capitalized in my code ... HAHA so once I figured that out I wasn't messin with the code anymore at that point.. All I cared about was that the thing was functional LOL!!!

I will definitely continue to bring more to the table in the future though Thanks again!!!

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Hehe, yea code can be stubborn. But don't let that demoralize you from keeping at it. Getting rid of bugs in code is one of the most frustrating and booring things in the programming world, and it will more than likely take up a LOT of your coding time, but once you get them out of the way and see your creation working as you intended, you get this good feeling you did good.

Sig. by Psychotray

Better than anything I could ever hope to make

Good job!

My only suggestion would maybe to change the color scheme so its not just a bland pong game.
    Last edited by Akatosh; 04-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

Nice job. I hate fixing mistakes in code. Made a massive program (not a game or anything like that, I was programming a computer chip for electrical stuff.) I spent two hours finding the lack of a comma on at the end of my 7k lines of code

I don't think I will be upgrading the game but more so I hope to try and create other flash games a tad bit more advanced. This was just to get my feet wet I will for sure keep you all updated if/when I come up with something else ) If you guys wanna keep up with all things I've been doing be sure to subscribe and become a member at my site vaygah.com .. I am constantly putting new things up there, been working with Let's Play recently

Also if you have facebook go to my fanpage and like it and you'll get all the updates as well ) Vaygahs Glog | Facebook

Thanks again for all the great feedback and support It is much needed and appreciated =))

Nice job on the game. I was never this good at the regular pong. Keep building on the skills and knowledge.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information