Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Work.

Another thing that would be tough. would be working a different shift that your hubby. Which would save on money and make more money overall but you'd also never get to see your opposite. My gf parents been like this for a long time like all their marriage and I never understood how they found it acceptable to give away life for money.

I dont get that either. Ugh, I'd hate that... you know those disgustingly cute couples that *never* want to be apart? Yea, well I was never with that with anyyyyyy guy before my fiance. Now... Im one of those grossly cute couples :P

He's going back to school in the fall which means Ill see him soooo much less. Im already dreading that

i started out that way. now not so much, but i would never want to live a life like her parents

I hope I get over lol It's annoying xD

I love cooking. Had plenty of jobs as a chef or line cook nothing to write home to mom and dad about but it just made me hate cooking. Always wanted to just open up my own place nothing fancy. But seeing how the economy is now scares me and not having the money to do it right.

Well I hope you one day you get the opportunity to

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    Another thing that would be tough. would be working a different shift that your hubby. Which would save on money and make more money overall but you'd also never get to see your opposite. My gf parents been like this for a long time like all their marriage and I never understood how they found it acceptable to give away life for money.
    Ugh, dili and I did that for a while because he got a job where he worked nights... it was awful. He worked from 6pm to 3 or 4am and I worked from 11am to 5 or 6 pm. Hardly ever got to see each other - I don't know how anyone could do that for a long time

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    Ugh, dili and I did that for a while because he got a job where he worked nights... it was awful. He worked from 6pm to 3 or 4am and I worked from 11am to 5 or 6 pm. Hardly ever got to see each other - I don't know how anyone could do that for a long time
    You guys aren't helping me out none, now I'm scared D: lol. THe job I plan on going into is 4 days on, 4 days off. 8AM-8PM day 1/2, 8PM-8AM day3/4. It works out with her field that we'll get weekends together usually, but still lots of the times we won't be together.

Blahhhh now I'm all worried D:<

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    You guys aren't helping me out none, now I'm scared D: lol. THe job I plan on going into is 4 days on, 4 days off. 8AM-8PM day 1/2, 8PM-8AM day3/4. It works out with her field that we'll get weekends together usually, but still lots of the times we won't be together.

Don't be worried! As long as you guys have a good relationship and communicate through it, you'll do okay

My fiance starts school soon, and will be work and school... probably 8am to 9pm, so I feel your pain and know whatcha mean. We're going to go from being together constantly to just a few hours a night. Will be a big change, but sometimes sacrifices can be for the best

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post

Awww, no, it just sucks, that's all. Dili and I did it for quite a while, and it's not like it broke our relationship or anything... it's just really not fun. Much better when you can coordinate, but you will be okay D:

Sometimes that kind of thing is necessary - I would just hate it for the long term.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Thread Information