Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the meaning of Gamer to you ?

Hey guys new to the forum here. Nice to be here.

I always been wondering , what does the meaning of being a " GAMER " to everyone else ?

Plz choose either A or B for your answer.

A) A person who plays any games , but isn't super pro and lifeless in it. He / She just play any game, RTS ,
    FPS , MMO , RPG , Simulation , Arcade etc.

B) A person who's only hardcore and pro in one game. Lets take COD / BF 3 for an example.
    He / She the top in the game, he play only that same game 24/7 , He / She its super pro in the game. Doesn't play anything else but COD / BF3

Those are two different extremes lol I don't think either A or B are "gamers". I like to cook, but I'm not a chef. Just like if all I did was cook pizza and was amazing at it, and competed in competitions, but cooked nothing else, I wouldn't consider myself a chef. Same concept.

Ah i see. But this meaning of being a gamer never really have an official answer.

Well it kinda does if u Google it , it actually means by people who plays RPG games , uh i recall its not the modern RPG , more like turn base types , like D&D ones lol.

Just want to see what's everyone else's opinion.

Well im the " A " person lol , Im not pro in every single games. But I loving playing games. I play almost everything ,
    anything is good or least good to me.

Funny thing about that too. Usually sometime games that's mostly hated by most people , I actually like it lol , insteadsome games are so popular and famous , everyone loves it , instead i dislike it , i even try it , i dont just go saying i dont like it without trying it.

Like TES , well i tried Oblivion at first , didnt like it, give another go on Skyrim , wao i totally love it lol !

Most people said i dislike Oblivion maybe because its old.

i agree with mizel i don't think that its either A or B
    my definition of a gamer would be......

someone who enjoys to play console games in most/some of there leisure time and takes part in clan matches or enjoy playing with friends on line or same console.

i don't think that someone who plays a console game once or twice a year is considered a gamer or someone who plays once a month is a gamer.

but this is only my opinion lol i know every one has a different opinion
    Last edited by Th3-devils-princess; 06-27-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    <3 thank you knibbler <3

<3 Knibbler Gave Me My Crush <3

my sigs new stuff - Gamers Forum
    my shop :: Devils Shoppie Time - Gamers Forum

I consider console gamers are rather casual ones. PC are bit more serious. I mean you basically can game on both platform , yet you pay alot more for PC , to get better graphics , performance etc. So i would say PC are bit more serious and being consoles are cheapest so its more of casual.

Bout time spend during gaming. Hmm i do find myself spending quite lot of time on the PC , might not be much to you guys. I try not to get too addict to it , but almost even my social life its on the PC lol XD

Spend most my weekdays weekends on the PC anyways lol.

Can you guys like stick to one same game for like hours and hours like after one gaming session then come back and you
    still continue it ? I cant do that , i get bored real easy. Thats why i have load of games installed on my PC at the
    same time , thats what i meant by being lifeless earlier though lol. Not lifeless playing games, but playing the same exact game

I would be between A and B, I play many games but of course there are games I go more "hardcore" into.

There are so many types of gamers with almost nothing in common but what "I" call a gamer is a person that enjoys and play games on a steady basis(not facebook games and similar), its as simple as that, but then there are of course those who goes extremely much into gaming and those who doesnt.

If you only play for example farmville I wouldnt call you a "real" gamer.

I don't know if I would agree with either A or B. I think it's just someone who plays games regularly. You don't have to play for hours and hours every day.

Was wondering what is everyone playing now recently. Since start of June 2012 till now.

hmm not sure. i am more of a console gamer but also a pc gamer if i have money for Wow

but dont know its just a term im used to being called and feel comfortable i guess.

its like love. cant define it and when youre in love youll know it.
    when youre a gamer you know it.

corny reference but you get my point haha

But one thing if you tend to play only MMO on PC you wont have to spend much on a PC though. Thats the great thing about it. Consoles i guess its a more affordable way for offline games.

I always wanted to try WOW but its very expensive here , 60 per month. Im plaing RuneScape instead lol , as member of course

Thread Information