Default Gaming Poll for my studies, please participate!

Hello,
    I'm currently studying education at the University of Frankfurt in Germany and ask you kindly to participate in the following test. I will make another topic when the results are done, to share them with you.
    So, here goes:

1. How old are you? (Please state your age as a number)

2. You are...?
    a male
    b female

3. Your country?

4. Which gaming platform do you mainly use? (state only one)
    a PC
    b PlayStation 3
    c XBox 360
    d Nintendo Wii
    e Handhelds (e.g. Nintendo DS, PSP, PS Vita)
    f other (please state)

5. Approximately how many hours a day do you play videogames? (state only one)
    a less than 1 hour
    b 1 - 2 hours
    c 2 - 4 hours
    d more than 4 hours

6. What is your prefered genre (state only one)
    a First Person Shooter
    b Sports and Racing
    c Adventure and Role-Playing Games
    d Strategy
    e Action and Platformers
    f Puzzle and Casual
    g other (please state)

7. Which aspect of a game is most important to you? (state only one)
    a A captivating story
    b unique/compelling gameplay
    c A realistic physics engine
    d good graphics
    e interesting characters

Please state your answers to the following statements as follows (state only one):
    definitely
    probably
    probably not
    definitely not
    I don't know

8. I am more likely to buy newly released games over games which are older than a year.

9. The quality of graphics in videogames has an influence on my purchase decisions.

10. A captivating story/well-written characters/compelling gameplay can compensate for outdated graphics and physics

11. I prefer fully-rendered cutscenes over cutscenes which are implemented into the gameplay (e.g. Half-Life 2).

12. I am following the technical developements within the gaming industrie with great interest.

Bonus question:
    13. Name your favorite videogame if you have one (state only one).

That's it. Please state your answers like this:
    4a
    5c
    ... and
    8 definitely
    9 probably not
    respectively, except if instructed otherwise (age, country)

Thank you!

What for is this poll? Could you tell a bit more about the research, your studies and all? Now I feel like you are offering me candy from a van. The poll being a candy. And not telling being the van.

Quote Originally Posted by vepanator View Post
    What for is this poll? Could you tell a bit more about the research, your studies and all? Now I feel like you are offering me candy from a van. The poll being a candy. And not telling being the van.
    Well, I need some data for training with the statistics software SPSS. As for my intentions for this particular test-design, I cannot tell you because then you would be biased. Of course your answers will be handeld anonymously, I will only cite "gamers-forum. com" as my scource. No user-names or any other personal information will be released other than the informations asked in the test and those will be anonymized.

1. 38

2. A

3. Cullman, Alabama USA

4. B

5. B

6. C

7. D

8. Probably

9. Probably

10. Probably

11. Definitely

12. Probably Not

Bonus question:
    13. Skyrim

Bonus answer:
    14. My favorite game has changed close to 100 times in the last 30 years of my gaming experience over several different genres. Preteen i enjoyed simple easy games, teen i enjoyed fast paced shoot-em-up, 20's i enjoyed RPG and puzzle then late 20's online and competitive, 30's i enjoyed Competitive FPS and competitive RPG. Now I'm at the end of my gaming career. when i use to work 40 hours a week and game 80, i now only game about 10 hours a week and work 55, now i enjoy RPGs i can really take my time with.

Quote Originally Posted by gamurga View Post
    Hello,
    I'm currently studying education at the University of Frankfurt in Germany and ask you kindly to participate in the following test. I will make another topic when the results are done, to share them with you.
    So, here goes:

1. How old are you? (Please state your age as a number)

2. You are...?
    a male
    b female

3. Your country?

4. Which gaming platform do you mainly use? (state only one)
    a PC
    b PlayStation 3
    c XBox 360
    d Nintendo Wii
    e Handhelds (e.g. Nintendo DS, PSP, PS Vita)
    f other (please state)

5. Approximately how many hours a day do you play videogames? (state only one)
    a less than 1 hour
    b 1 - 2 hours
    c 2 - 4 hours
    d more than 4 hours

6. What is your prefered genre (state only one)
    a First Person Shooter
    b Sports and Racing
    c Adventure and Role-Playing Games
    d Strategy
    e Action and Platformers
    f Puzzle and Casual
    g other (please state)

7. Which aspect of a game is most important to you? (state only one)
    a A captivating story
    b unique/compelling gameplay
    c A realistic physics engine
    d good graphics
    e interesting characters

Please state your answers to the following statements as follows (state only one):
    definitely
    probably
    probably not
    definitely not
    I don't know

8. I am more likely to buy newly released games over games which are older than a year.

9. The quality of graphics in videogames has an influence on my purchase decisions.

10. A captivating story/well-written characters/compelling gameplay can compensate for outdated graphics and physics

11. I prefer fully-rendered cutscenes over cutscenes which are implemented into the gameplay (e.g. Half-Life 2).

12. I am following the technical developements within the gaming industrie with great interest.

Bonus question:

That's it. Please state your answers like this:
    4a
    5c
    ... and
    8 definitely
    9 probably not
    respectively, except if instructed otherwise (age, country)

Thank you!
    1 Im 20 years old.

2 male

3 sweden

4 PC

5 2-4 hours

6 First person shooter

7 Good gameplay

Probably not

Probably

definitly

probably not

probably

Bonus question:

ArmA 2

1, 16

2, A male

3, Canada

4, B

5, C

6, C

7, A

8, Probably

9, Probably not

10, Definitely

11, Probably

12, Probably

Bonus Question
    I don't normally pick favourite video games due to the fact that when ever I see a trailer or finish a game it becomes my favourite game because it is the last one I played. But if I had to choose then probably the full Assassins Creed series.

Quote Originally Posted by gamurga View Post
    Well, I need some data for training with the statistics software SPSS. As for my intentions for this particular test-design, I cannot tell you because then you would be biased. Of course your answers will be handeld anonymously, I will only cite "gamers-forum. com" as my scource. No user-names or any other personal information will be released other than the informations asked in the test and those will be anonymized.
    Judging by your questions, I don't see how telling us the true purpose of your research would bias the responses. These are all more or less about preferences in gaming rather than anything else, so knowing the true nature of your study shouldn't really make a ounce of difference. I am a researcher myself, and simply by giving even a brief statement about the purpose of your research is considerate to your participants. In your case, all you need to say is that you are trying to find out gamers' preferences or something. That would simply suffice for the time-being.

gameurga

it may be easier if you set up a survey monkey survey or something? That way if you share the link people can give information quickly and easier and be assured it is anonymous.

I'm sure your intentions are good and you will treat the data anonymously, but given this is an internet forum I'm sure the posts could be found via google search or something...

1. 19

2. female

3. USA

4.PC

5.more than 4 hours

6. Strategy

7. b unique/compelling gameplay

definitely
    probably
    probably not
    definitely not
    I don't know

8. probably

9. probably not

10. definitely

11.probably

12. definitely

Bonus question:
    13. DayZ

Quote Originally Posted by RichSG View Post
    gameurga

it may be easier if you set up a survey monkey survey or something? That way if you share the link people can give information quickly and easier and be assured it is anonymous.

I'm sure your intentions are good and you will treat the data anonymously, but given this is an internet forum I'm sure the posts could be found via google search or something...
    That's very true. Participant anonymity is a bit risky without the use of a survey software.

Thread Information