Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    You also get a horse for the 20 dollars and like 30 treasure maps. Plus a companion pet and Rings of Mara which allow you to level faster with a partner. and you can get 17k for a horse around level 15-20, lower if you know what to sell. Level 15 or 20 sounds like a reasonable level for a mount.

This is the only MMO that I've played that the quest aren't just "kill 20 bears and get 10 furs" They all have individual stories, best questing I've ever played for an MMO. Some quest have a few puzzles you have to solve. Haven't found a quest with a repeated story or one that just tells you to kill 10 things for no reason.

Bugs are basically gone now, the dupe glitch has been fixed, I haven't found a bugged quest in a week. I hear people get UI bugs in chat though, I use add ons so I don't have the issue. Also every subscription game makes you subscribe to a monthly fee before you play. WoW did the same thing when it came out, it's a subscription game so I'm not sure why people are so mad that they have to make a subscription. Honestly he nit picked pretty hard, but I suppose that's what he does for a living.

This is a pretty unique MMO, Combat/skills system is awesome, allowing any class to do any role in the party. The roles have changed as well. Tanks no longer can hold all the aggro, there are no abilities to just gather everyone up and thunderclap. From what I've noticed there are only 2 taunt abilities in the game. Instead tanks are more useful using CC's to stop them. This also means that healer and DPS have to take some damage and kite. Makes the combat a lot more fun, because normally the DPS just stands there pushing 4 or 5 buttons for there combo. Same with the tank really.

I've found the crafting to be fun, being able to deconstruct items, upgrade them and make items of different styles once you learn them. There are also crafting areas in the open world that you have to find and you gain bonuses to the items if you craft them there. You also have to use your skill points toward crafting if you want to progress in it. Makes you choose between making your character stronger, or being able to craft stronger weapons. If you have the materials you can upgrade a white item up to a legendary item, would take you a lot of money and there is some gambling involved, but it's doable.

PvP is awesome, you go to an Open World area, so big it would take you 30 minutes to an hour to ride your horse from one end to the other. It's a 1 vs 1 vs 1 and your goal is to take over castles for your own alliance. You use siege equipment to tear down the castle walls so your team can storm inside. Each alliance starts with 2 elder scrolls and if you hold extra scrolls you gain bonuses in combat in and out of the PvP area. I haven't spent a huge amount of time there, I've been just leveling.

All that being said, the game does feel like it's missing something, not sure what it is, but it's definitely missing something. I'm still glad I got it, never had the chance to play an MMO from beta into full release. From what I read all MMO's have rough starts, some worse than others, I think it all adds to the experience.
    I agree, most MMO's do have rough starts. That's why I wanted to see how ESO panned out after a couple of months of so before I decided to possibly buy it or anything.

I actually just got done reading an article saying that they have finally fixed the dupe glithc. About time haha I was wondering about that... I actually didn't know anything about that particular glitch until a couple of days ago. The last thing I had read said that the glitch was still around (and had been since Alpha) and that they weren't sure what they going to do about it (make everyone start over completely or start perma-banning). The article I just read said that they've begun perma-banning everyone that had exploited the glitch, but they still have no idea how idea how they're going to fix the economy because everything is still worthless. They're hoping that since the glitch is now fixed, the economy will start to fix itself.

Kind of sucks for the people that got perma-banned, though :X And apparently it's a LOT of people. The ESO website says they have already perma-banned "thousands" of accounts. Jeebus O_o I mean, of course I see why they did it... but they knew the bug was there since Alpha and didn't even bother to fix it before launch. I mean, if you're not going to fix a bug you've been aware of for 6+ months, that thousands of people informed you of, I feel like you shouldn't punish people for exploiting it. It's not like it was a hack or anything... a simple exploitable mechanic that they knew about and chose to *****foot around with. I just kind of feel bad for those perma-banned. I feel like a complete wipeout and reset on their characters/account would have been a more appropriate punishment :/
    Last edited by Mizel; 04-22-2014 at 11:31 AM.

During launch they disabled banks, which is how the glitch was done, but within the day they enabled the bank again. I guess they thought they fixed it, but they didn't lol. The economy isn't messed up from what I saw. I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with the legendary items, but Motifi books, they sold for 1k at launch, now I get about 800 for them. People have been farming though, as have I and you can get them at level 1 if you have patience. So not surprising that they have went down in price, 1k is a good chunk of gold at low levels. Materials for crafting have stayed about the same. So it must be late game items that have changed, I haven't seen a huge drop in price for items.

I don't feel bad at all for people who were duping. I mean, it's clear that it's wrong and gives you an unfair advantage. I'm glad ESO gave such a serious punishment, shows people that they won't mess around with unfair advantages, rather it be glitches or hacks.

Thread Information