Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I must say that I agree to several of these things. I like this place but sadly its very quiet here now.

You make valid points and I will not ignore them. You're right that I haven't really been part of the forum and that is because of life. That's why are are holding mod tryouts and will pick a couple of people this month to help lead the forum somewhere. 2012 was especially bad with so many of our old mods disappearing and hoping that 2013 is better by bringing in a few new people.

Thank you for your recommendations, I will take every single one of them into consideration and I do plan on doing more with the forum. I appreciate it all. And you probably don't want to hear it but it's not easy to find time to do stuff like this when you work full time while going to grad school at night and weekends. But I will try.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post

Issue 2; Reverting back to the main topic. I strongly strongly urge you to raise this. Real people wont leave because they cant post a topic right away. Real people stay for the topics on hand and then as they go make topics themselves. If someone is in a rush to make a topic like last night where a gf was asking what would be a good gaming chair. We could have a topic for that.

Issue 3; We have to have a discussion on how to get real people. We have a prime name but We have less actives than we should. Have the 30k accounts on here if not more arent even real people. Thats sad 6 year or 7 whatever it is at this point having a prime domain and less than 20k usernames with real people attached and nearly none active active anymore. I feel whats partially to blame is the lack of current news posted and hype for new games. Most forums are hyping all kinds of games. This forum has never felt that way.
    This. This is really big and I agree. While maybe we need a better way to keep out spammers, that will never happen in a forum. But really, like Jak said, with this name on a forum how do we NOT get and keep active members? I've been here for 2 years almost and it's just been going downhill ever since. Really sucks.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    You make valid points and I will not ignore them. You're right that I haven't really been part of the forum and that is because of life. That's why are are holding mod tryouts and will pick a couple of people this month to help lead the forum somewhere. 2012 was especially bad with so many of our old mods disappearing and hoping that 2013 is better by bringing in a few new people.

Thank you for your recommendations, I will take every single one of them into consideration and I do plan on doing more with the forum. I appreciate it all. And you probably don't want to hear it but it's not easy to find time to do stuff like this when you work full time while going to grad school at night and weekends. But I will try.
    Did you a make a thread about mod tryouts or anything? Or is that not an option for any of us? Just curious cause this is the first time I've heard anything about it D:

Did you a make a thread about mod tryouts or anything? Or is that not an option for any of us? Just curious cause this is the first time I've heard anything about it D:
    Apply to be a Gamers Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by foof View Post
    Thanks Foof! Somehow totally missed that one

Pet Peave #1, Necro Bumping, I rage all the time about this. Why do we not have a strong policy in place. Especially when the spammers/noobs bump certain topics every 6 months or more. Close those up. Its aggravating looking at the new posts lists and the same old threads get bumped all the time for months with useless comments.
    People get pissed if you necro bump, but people also get pissed if you make a topic that already has a previous topic. What are we supposed to do? Personally, i'm against locking threads for any reason other than them becoming big rage/spam fests. Just cuz something is old doesn't mean it should be closed. I've had legitimate things to say in topics that were closed because people like you whined about how the topic was old.

Step 1; General Gaming and Consoles merged. Its redundant
    Step 2; Instead of having 6 sub forums for genres cut it down to something like Current/Nex Gen and Past Gens
    Step 3; Gamer Review section was always dumb waste of space, the reviewers hardly review, If they want to review let them post it in the desired sections
    Step 4; Forum Talk and Questions and Answers are also Redundant
    Step 5; All the General Computer Talk, Fun and Jokes,Serious News , Websites, Tutorials..all that Just merge with Post Anything.
    Step 6; Having all Entertainment in 1 zone, aka music, anime,cartoons, tv and movies.
    Step 7; Graphics is so 2006, I dont know why we even have a section for it anymore. If people want to continue let them make a topic in Post Anything.
    1. I agree. The console-specific forums are kind of dumb.
    2. while I see where you're coming from, that might make the forum look a bit too small. The generation thing would be cool though, so it's at least worth a shot
    3. I feel like the review section should be kept, but made smaller. Get rid of all the genre sub-forums and just let it be a big pile of game reviews.
    4. Do you mean get rid of them in general or just merge them? I feel like they should be merged...all rules-related stuff should be in one section.
    5. I feel like computer-related stuff could warrant its own sub-forum, but the rest of it could be merged
    6. I've always enjoyed the divide in the "entertainment" section, but the sub forums under film/tv need to go. Maybe all 4 could go as well
    7. Yea

I guess that was kinda stupid considering I just agreed with most of it, but those are just my thoughts.

Also, I feel like the 50 posts thing is WAY too high to make a topic. I would personally just find a different forum to post on. Maybe try a lower number.

Like Jak/theDeparted, as you can see, i've been here for a while, but I hardly post anymore. It was a lot more active back then, but I feel like forums in general were a lot more active then. Between the forums connected to big sites such as Gamestop and Highdefdigest and Facebook, people don't really go to smaller forums.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 02-13-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Threads like this dont need necro'd

The games I played. The 80. of BEST - Page 2

I dont understand why you have such a giant boner for keep crappy threads alive. Also Im positive people only complain about similar subjected threads when they were made close in date!

Threads like this dont need necro'd

The games I played. The 80. of BEST - Page 2

I dont understand why you have such a giant boner for keep crappy threads alive. Also Im positive people only complain about similar subjected threads when they were made close in date!
    well maybe if they're crappy threads, but there was a Resident Evil 5 topic I wanted to post in and then somebody whined about how it was an old topic and should be closed. There was nothing wrong with it other than the fact that other topics pushed it back and people forgot about it. Somebody posted it in and a new conversation was starting but NOPE it was old so it got closed.

And I've made topics before and people yelled at me for making a topic when an older version already existed, regardless of how old it was.

Maybe closing stupid stuff like in the lounge or whatever, but if there's a topic about a particular game, don't close it cuz it gets old cuz you never know who's gonna wanna post in it.

I think it's fine if a thread is like 6 months old or longer, just open another thread and start a fresh discussion. If you're talking about when I mentioned we had a superman vs goku thread, it was already discussed and you even posted in it before if I remember right. I didn't have a problem with you opening another thread, but it seemed kinda pointless considering every already post there say in the matter, even your self. That's why no one ended up posting in your thread.

But yeah, I rather have a new thread opened than necro bumping.

I never understood why people were so against bumping old threads. I'm pretty neutral either way. But if you're brand new to a forum, odds are you are going to find a lot of old topics you want to comment in that probably haven't been used in a while. You could start a new thread, but there's a good chance that you probably have something to add to a post another person already made. But then again at the same time... odds again are that no one else in the forum is going to comment in the bumped thread because they've most likely already said whatever they wanted to say. BUT! lol Then again whatever you post in the old thread could start some new discussion. *shrugs*

Thread Information