Default PSN titles not compatible either

It's the morning after the night before, and Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has just confirmed to us that current-generation PSN titles won't transfer across to the PlayStation 4. The company admitted last night that PS3 games wouldn't be compatible with the latest console, but has added that it will try to make titles playable "in some form." Because the architecture of the Power-PC-based PS3 and x86-based PlayStation 4 are so different, Sony will only bring across games that don't guzzle the latest console's power in emulation. The executive also said that the company aims to offer server-side and cloud services to offer a wider library of older games, but said that's one for the "longer term."

Ben Gilbert contributed to this report
    Man this is lame, I cant believe they wont be bringing over all those psn games.

Honestly, this just sounds like it will lead to a big fail.

I understand why PS3 isnt because Cell is a financial disaster and would add even more money lost. People complained about PS2 getting taking out, but the time Sony was like 100 to 150 per unit and PS2 parts cost 35 or so. So that made sense and having no Cell in also makes sense but not having PSN only games doesnt make a lick of sense because its all software and PS4 is strong to emulate the weak graphiced games. I dont see how you think lack of PS3/Psn will lead this to fail though. One thing that could is the soon to be big price but if games comes it wont matter. PS4 will should be easily to develop for, If you recall devs whined how much harder PS3 was than Xbox 360.

Yeah, I don't think this will really be a big issue. It's not like EVERY game on PSN won't be compatible with PS4. They'll just have to reprogram the games for it to run on the PS4. The more popular titles will be converted over, besides people who bought games on PSN still have their PS3 to play them on. Not like it's gone for ever.

Untill the day Sony closes PS3 psn that is.

You think the PSN will be different for the systems? I'd think they will be the same similar to the DS and 3DS store.

One never knows, But it wouldnt shock me if it wasnt and Sony closed PS3 side down in a few years leaving millions of people angry that they just spend hundreds of dollars on digital content thats now useless. Thats one thing that scares me about digital content or online only games. Companies can pullt hat plug whenever they want

Thread Information