Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lol Mizel go easy on jax he doesn't know much about computers!
    Last edited by Imperial_Kade; 01-15-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    Lol Mizel go easy on jax
    I didn't try to come off mean or anything :P

Just trying to point out that it's helpful to thoroughly read the sources provided and what the thread is about before commenting :]

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Actually each module got its own closed liquid cooling system-
    I wonder how they will keep everything regulated and up to date like it will take a week for them to send you another part and then you have to send back your old 1 and how would they keep the water cooling all good from what I've heard and seen about water cooling that its something to keep an eye on and always make sure it's running ok how will you do that if the parts are enclosed? So many question lol sounds like gamefly to me but with expensive parts lol.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Actually each module got its own closed liquid cooling system-
    Ok your right but...Somehow I don't see any serious PC gamer buying this if it ever went into production unless you could open up the modules and put your own components in them.

I agree with this^^^

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I didn't try to come off mean or anything :P

Just trying to point out that it's helpful to thoroughly read the sources provided and what the thread is about before commenting :]
    Well I'm sorry...I looked on Instagram and I just saw the back didn't notice it was liquid cooled

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxgilbert10 View Post
    Ok your right but...Somehow I don't see any serious PC gamer buying this if it ever went into production unless you could open up the modules and put your own components in them.
    Really jax really an Xbox or a ps4 is the same thing as that but that's 10x more powerful there are "serious gamers" that play Xbox and ps and it will probaly run on win 8 and 7 whichever you prefer so how do you not see serious gamers playing them not trying to be mean but just like Mizel said you need to make sure you know what your talking about

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

I just found some information about it, I will just quote it here(most of it already stands in the link I posted on the thread-start).

"The PC has traditionally been one of the most open platforms in all of technology. However, given the technical complexities of PC hardware, only the most hardcore enthusiasts have been able to take advantage of this openness to build, customize and continuously upgrade their PC desktop systems. The tremendous promise of the PC has remained underexploited by the vast majority of general consumers for more than 30 years, largely due to the convoluted hardware – knowing what does what, what works with what, and how to connect the pieces.
    Project Christine is a revolutionary new concept design that will change the way users view PCs. It will allow any user to build and customize his or her PC in any configuration without any prior technical knowledge. Further, as new upgrades come to the market, the same PC can be easily and quickly upgraded without additional technical assistance and without the fear of incompatibility or obsolescence.
    Project Christine’s modular design allows users to easily build their PCs by allowing them to select and install modules on-the-fly, whether it’s a CPU, GPU, or memory and storage configuration. The PCI-Express architecture of Project Christine automatically syncs components. Need more graphics processing power or storage? Easy – a user can slot-in additional graphics modules and add more storage by either swapping-out the existing storage drives or adding more modules. Equally exciting, Project Christine is able to run multiple operating systems that the user may require.
    "

"The modularity of Project Christine make it perpetually customizable, offering plug-and-play upgradability as new and improved technology evolves, ostensibly eliminating the need to replace entire systems. Modules connected to the PCI-Express backbone can be added in any order or combination, featuring up to quad-SLI graphics, multiple SSD and RAID storage components, I/O and even power supplies, ensuring maximum flexibility.
    The cable-less design of each sealed module is entirely self-contained and features active liquid cooling and noise cancelation, which allows Razer to factory overclock components without voiding warranties, safely and quietly. The system also features a touch-screen LCD display that indicates control and maintenance information.
    “Project Christine is a new concept design that will revolutionize the way users view the traditional PC. This is the first gaming system that is able to keep pace with technology and could allow consumers to never buy another PC, or gaming system, again,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. “We have a history of bringing incredibly innovative concept systems to market and it’s fair to say that Project Christine is a very exciting new prospect for future development.”

Now I saw its a concept somputer, this might not even get into the stores but whatever happens its an interesting and useful idea.

Really jax really an Xbox or a ps4 is the same thing as that but that's 10x more powerful there are "serious gamers" that play Xbox and ps and it will probaly run on win 8 and 7 whichever you prefer so how do you not see serious gamers playing them not trying to be mean but just like Mizel said you need to make sure you know what your talking about
    I get what he's trying to say about the whole being able to replace the components in the modules yourself part. I do agree with that. This whole modular system is going to turn some people off if they can't purchase their own parts and put them in themselves. Mainly because it will inevitably be more expensive, but also because some people just love putting together/upgrading their PC's by hand. But we don't know how it's going to work yet. They may make the modular pieces so that they are able to be opened, they may not. Time will tell :]

I get what he's trying to say about the whole being able to replace the components in the modules yourself part. I do agree with that. This whole modular system is going to turn some people off if they can't purchase their own parts and put them in themselves. Mainly because it will inevitably be more expensive, but also because some people just love putting together/upgrading their PC's by hand. But we don't know how it's going to work yet. They may make the modular pieces so that they are able to be opened, they may not. Time will tell :]
    And I agree with that but he said he would see people playing on pre-built machines and that he playa with a cyberpower

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

I just found some information about it, I will just quote it here(most of it already stands in the link I posted on the thread-start).

"The PC has traditionally been one of the most open platforms in all of technology. However, given the technical complexities of PC hardware, only the most hardcore enthusiasts have been able to take advantage of this openness to build, customize and continuously upgrade their PC desktop systems. The tremendous promise of the PC has remained underexploited by the vast majority of general consumers for more than 30 years, largely due to the convoluted hardware – knowing what does what, what works with what, and how to connect the pieces.
    Project Christine is a revolutionary new concept design that will change the way users view PCs. It will allow any user to build and customize his or her PC in any configuration without any prior technical knowledge. Further, as new upgrades come to the market, the same PC can be easily and quickly upgraded without additional technical assistance and without the fear of incompatibility or obsolescence.
    Project Christine’s modular design allows users to easily build their PCs by allowing them to select and install modules on-the-fly, whether it’s a CPU, GPU, or memory and storage configuration. The PCI-Express architecture of Project Christine automatically syncs components. Need more graphics processing power or storage? Easy – a user can slot-in additional graphics modules and add more storage by either swapping-out the existing storage drives or adding more modules. Equally exciting, Project Christine is able to run multiple operating systems that the user may require.
    "

"The modularity of Project Christine make it perpetually customizable, offering plug-and-play upgradability as new and improved technology evolves, ostensibly eliminating the need to replace entire systems. Modules connected to the PCI-Express backbone can be added in any order or combination, featuring up to quad-SLI graphics, multiple SSD and RAID storage components, I/O and even power supplies, ensuring maximum flexibility.
    The cable-less design of each sealed module is entirely self-contained and features active liquid cooling and noise cancelation, which allows Razer to factory overclock components without voiding warranties, safely and quietly. The system also features a touch-screen LCD display that indicates control and maintenance information.
    “Project Christine is a new concept design that will revolutionize the way users view the traditional PC. This is the first gaming system that is able to keep pace with technology and could allow consumers to never buy another PC, or gaming system, again,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. “We have a history of bringing incredibly innovative concept systems to market and it’s fair to say that Project Christine is a very exciting new prospect for future development.”

Now I saw its a concept somputer, this might not even get into the stores but whatever happens its an interesting and useful idea.
    The more I read about this, the more excited I get. Not because I want to buy one ASAP.... but because the technology is awesome. And it means that more companies will try to follow suite and develop their own.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

And I agree with that but he said he would see people playing on pre-built machines and that he playa with a cyberpower
    Oh, totally missed that part!

Oh, totally missed that part!
    Let me rephrase myself my typing was off

He said he can't see serious gamers playing with this pre-built machine and jax plays with a pre-built cyber power machine.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Thread Information