Thread: Delta Airlines

Default Delta Airlines

If any of you are planning a vacation and considering using Delta Airlines. Don't. They will succeed in providing you the worst travel experience in your life. After 3 friends in recent months having had problems with them I had my concerns but figured how bad could it be? I'll still get where I need to go right? Well, turns out that's a maybe.

First the flight out. It was more or less okay. First plane was delayed 1.5 hours which made me worried about my connection flight in Atlanta but that turned out okay because it was Delta and they came through with delaying the connection flight. Got where we needed to go. This was shortly after the cold snap so I suppose I understand some delays. Sure none of the other airlines had any delays/cancellations (mine was the only delta flight at my first location not cancelled) but who am I too judge. There has to be a logical reason right?

The flight home, not so much. I had been traveling with my girlfriend and lucky for me I was driving home (approx 17.5 hour drive) while she was flying home. Got her to the first airport and surprisingly Delta took off at 6 pm on time as they were supposed too. Things seemed well. She's getting ready to catch her connection flight and what do you know, it's cancelled. Well that's odd cause the weather is clear at all relevant locations. Turns out the airline forgot to check the pilots hours before leaving and the pilot was over hours so they couldn't let the plane leave since there was no pilot. Oh joy. (once again other airlines having no problems). They did actually set her up with a hotel room for the night but no meal voucher. She had to wait on standby hoping people didn't show up for 2 flights the following day. Too no surprise, she was not able to get on either plane. She eventually managed to get home by changing her flight destination (and airline taking her there) and then taking a taxi home. 24.5 hours after getting on the original plane, she made it home. This is usually about a 4 hour trip.

This comedian pretty much sums it up.
    John Mulaney - Delta Airline - YouTube

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Gosh sounds rough, I get impatient when we drive 7 hours to see relatives!

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Haha Wow. That's just terrible.

I've taken 3 round trip flights in my life.... one to and from Puerto Rico, one to and from Jamaica and one to and from Florida. I'll be damned if I can even remember which airlines I took for any of them. But the flight to Jamaica was the best by far because when we landed in Montego Bay they had food and beer at the airport for us. That was more Sandals Resorts than the airport.... but still :P

While I've never had an issue with flights being cancelled/delayed, etc... I've still not had one enjoyable flight because the people (both on board and on flight) make it terrible. Loud obnoxious kids, long ass security lines (and then add in having to remove your shoes, go through metal detectors, etc), packed airports, giant fat people in the seat next to yours (or in my case on BOTH sides of me), being crammed next to a window and having to pee and making your way in and out... having a huge family of foreign people that don't speak English sitting next to the emergency doors and arguing with the stewardess and causing delays when she tells them they need to move because if you don't understand the directions on the emergency door you can't sit near it, cramped ass uncomfortable seats with no room to put your legs, douches in front of you putting their seats into recline position which lessens your sitting area even more, douches behind you constantly kicking your seat, parents changing their kids diapers right in their laps.... the list goes on. This is why I drive everywhere if at all possible :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    the list goes on. This is why I drive everywhere if at all possible :P
    Really? For me it's fly, the flights are way shorter and I don't get air sick, and I like the drinks the flight stewards give you, but everyone has an opinion.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    Really? For me it's fly, the flights are way shorter and I don't get air sick, and I like the drinks the flight stewards give you, but everyone has an opinion.
    Well, that's partially because of the fact that I've always loved roadtrips.... and hate people and social interactions haha I love the freedom of going my own pace (and being able to chose when I want to leave), don't have to worry about missing flights or getting stuck on a flight in a terrible seat or with terrible people, being able to stop and stretch/relax/use the bathroom when I need to. And what I REALLY love? Those awesome sideshow attractions like South of the Border... the world's biggest ball of yarn... etc, etc :P

South of the Border is comical. Yesterday was the first time in my life I've ever actually seen visitors there when I drove by. I'm a road trip person myself but I don't mind flying as long as it's light out. Not sure why but it seems everytime I fly at night I get excruciating pain in my head when we land. Only at night though. Never been in so much pain in my life than the two times we landed at night.

Driving usually ends up being cheaper unless you're going cross country, especially when you factor in you need a car when you arrive at your destination a lot of times and till you pay for tickets and the rental you might as well have just driven. I think I'm good on flying for a bit though. Too much irritation this time around.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

That sounds horrible :/

I have only been flying three tours(two times to gran canaria and one time to cyprus) Most of the other journeys has been with bus(its actually quite funny to see how the landscape change over time)and you dont get massive pain in the head with bus .

When we travel in the country its always by car(sometimes by train, but trains in sweden suck)(even though one trip took well over 12 hours)

Wow sounds like you had a string of bad luck.

I've actually used delta airlines once but my flight was only about 45 minutes. Just flew from Charleston to North Carolina, had no issues with them. Though I swear we stood around waiting on luggage longer than the flight lasted.

I think the big issue was their version of "customer service" when they have problems. Problems happen but other airlines usually attempt to compensate you and if you get stuck in a place for an excessive amount of time they give you a meal voucher of some kind and usually help you get on a different plane even if it isn't their airline. Delta's approach is more of a "whelp you can't get on this plane so good luck, you might as well settle in cause you aren't going anywhere for a few days. No you can't transfer your tickets to a different airline. We don't do that here."

She got to a different airline by claiming the flight insurance that thankfully we decided to get and buying new tickets.
    Last edited by Ziek88; 01-15-2014 at 06:59 AM.

THANKS!

Thread Information