Default The biggest console flaw

SO I Was enjoying random banter with a friend when I xame up with what I felt was a idea that should had been implemented into gaming as early as possibly the N64 .
    I feel I should go down to Sony or Microsoft and tell them they could make millions if they just added a headphone jack to the bottom of their controllers.

Now you can listen to whatever your viewing with your game console on those beats you just got.
    Now grandma can suck a $#/*@ when she says the tv is to loud.
    now Joe doesn't get evicted when he plays his new game on max volume.
    The world has been tailored to your wim.
    Putting the person back in front of the t.v. away fro. Reality with a smile of victory. Ignoring real problems and paying that 20 dollar mark up on the already 60 $ controller so he can plug his also consumer money spent headphones .

Microsoft would love it. Although I could imagine them making custom headphonejacks for xbox like a money hungry ultra corp would.

Anyways is that a great idea or what thoughts improvement suggestions ?
    THE ORIGINAL
    linxisme

I agree, it would be handy, but it all comes down to money so you have to buy headsets from Microsoft or Sony.

You can buy an adapter for about 8 bucks and you any headset you want including beats. Xjacker is the most popular company that sells them, you can get PS3 and 360 adapters from them. I'm sure PS4 and Xbox One will be coming soon if they're not out already.

Sony already has this, actually! It's not well known, though. You can plug any pair of headphones into the mic jack of the PS4 controller, and put the game audio through it. It works best if it has an inline mic so you can talk in game, though.

I use my studio headphones for CoD/BF4 all the time it's awesome haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Sony already has this, actually! It's not well known, though. You can plug any pair of headphones into the mic jack of the PS4 controller, and put the game audio through it. It works best if it has an inline mic so you can talk in game, though.

....my beats will fit in that ....*gets up to go check this out *

I am never leaving my living room again until my ears bleed.

Also at trunks for xbox they could just boost the controller price 20$ like I was saying I am sure its a 5$ headphone port and they would make 4 times the profit sounds like its right up Microsoft's alley Rupp people off for stuff they pay little for.
    THE ORIGINAL
    linxisme

I was gonna say... lol I thought Sony had already done this :P

Well... my curiosity has been cured and I no longer feel smart .. I feel entertained . The government is working again .

I cheated this process years ago. Most TV's have audio out. $2 headphone jack extension cable and done. The few that don't do have RGB hookups. Get a couple splitters and an adapter and bam. Done. Maybe $10 if at most. Not as neat as having a short line from your controller but works for every console and TV show you may be watching.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
    I cheated this process years ago. Most TV's have audio out. $2 headphone jack extension cable and done. The few that don't do have RGB hookups. Get a couple splitters and an adapter and bam. Done. Maybe $10 if at most. Not as neat as having a short line from your controller but works for every console and TV show you may be watching.
    Yeah this works great It sucks cause for a while they switched from the headphone jack audio out to digital out, which didn't really work for me. But now on my new TV there's both!

Yeah this works great It sucks cause for a while they switched from the headphone jack audio out to digital out, which didn't really work for me. But now on my new TV there's both!
    You can do anything with enough splitters haha.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

I had also been doing that. I just thought I could had used a headphone backline in the 90's
    THE ORIGINAL
    linxisme

Thread Information