View Poll Results: how do you complete your back-log?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I just keep on gaming, dont quit

3 50.00%
  • I game on weekends, but I'm still at it!

2 33.33%
  • I game occasionally, but nowhere close to completion

3 50.00%
  • I have no motivation to keep on going, I'm collecting games!

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Question for all!

(had a confusion in developing the title)
    but anyway...

how do you complete your game back-log? (there are many questions behind this)

knowing that maybe most of us have busy lives, sometimes we have limited time to even start a game and play it on a consistent pace to keep up with the story-line.

An example would be myself, I have school in the day & since I work nights now, I only have the time to play on weekends and sometimes the occasional 'day off'. In most cases, it doesn't work like that due to life stuff. Its difficult for me to have the time to even complete some of my back-log.

Another question I'll prompt you with: what keeps you motivated to keep on gaming when completing your back-log?

please no flaming, feel free to discuss your input
    Last edited by Kenoi; 04-09-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Well, I'm not in school and currently have no job, so I've got a lot of free time. Currently working through Xenoblade Chronicles, after I finish that I just have to clean up a few games I've started recently. I have some other games I own but haven't played yet, but I fully intend on playing them - i'm just not ready to yet. Some day, i'll be in the mood for an RPG, and i'll have a few choices. Other games i've pretty much accepted I won't ever complete them, but I still play them from time to time because they're fun (like the Digimon World games or Monster Hunter)

My list of games that i've started and will finish sometime soon hopefully:

The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
    Xenoblade Chronicles*
    Dragon Ball: Origins
    System Shock II

List of games i've played before but it's been so long that I'll have to start over OR games I haven't started or only briefly tried:
    Tales of the Abyss
    Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
    Xenosaga
    Xenosaga II
    Xenogears
    Wild Arms
    Syphon Filter
    Silent Hill

So yeah, that's my backlog. The second list is games that i'll get to at some point, I just can't dedicate myself to them at the moment. It's mostly RPGs, so if I get the urge to start a new RPG it'll be one of those.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 04-09-2014 at 09:16 PM.

@EpsilonX: Wow thats still a fair amount of games you have there. Knowing that they're RPGs, they're definitely going to take some time to complete. but thats great that you started them at some point.

As for me, I'll NEVER finish monster hunter freedom unite for psp. I recently got this when it was on sale and I haven't even got past the tutorials.

I have given it some thought to bring an RPG game to play on my lunch break though...

I went from playing games over 80 hours a week as a kid when I was in high school to playing maybe 10 or 12 hours a week if that now. Since Elder Scrolls Online has came out, that's been sucking up all my game playing time. But most games I do play are online and cant really be beaten. That being said, I have moved more into the collecting category. Recently obtained all the popular consoles that I care to have apart from PS4 and Xbox one. I bought some of the popular cheaper games for each system, some Zelda, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy Mortal Kombat, Sonic, Kingdom and Pokemon Titles. Then a few other popular games that I played as a kid, Golden eye, Earth Worm Jim, Star Wars Pod Racer Ep 2 ect.

Decent sized collection started, running out of space in my room so I slowed down a lot on my collecting. Buying a new car, so bills are going to increase and it'll probably go to a halt until I get my own place and have more room.

I'm really only interested in getting games that are fun to play, I won't pick up a game unless I've heard lots of good things about it or I've played it before and liked. I probably I have 20 or 30 games I haven't even played yet, maybe 50 or so that I've played, but less than an hour. On steam I own 200 and haven't even tough 75% of them as well lol. I don't really count those as my collection though.

But yeah, I enjoy collecting just as much as playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    @EpsilonX: Wow thats still a fair amount of games you have there. Knowing that they're RPGs, they're definitely going to take some time to complete.
    Well a lot of them were like "I don't want to play it right away, but i'll get it now while I have the chance, and will play it when i'm ready." Wild Arms was $5 complete at a used game store. Friend gave me Xenogears for Christmas...

So a lot of it is really for the sake of having a collection, as PS1 rpgs sort of double as a trophy, though I do plan to play them.

but thats great that you started them at some point.
    I haven't played Xenogears or Xenosaga part 2...I want to get the full experience when I finally get around to playing Xenogears. It's exciting to start a new game, and a lot of the time once that excitement starts to wear off, you're getting into the more interesting parts of the game, which keeps you hooked. If I started it but didn't keep playing it, well...

I'm sure you can figure it out

As for me, I'll NEVER finish monster hunter freedom unite for psp. I recently got this when it was on sale and I haven't even got past the tutorials.
    I own Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP and Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. I know i'll never finish them, but they're the kind of game where you can just pick up and play a level, so they're there if I need them.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 04-09-2014 at 11:53 PM.

You'll like Xenogears Eps, it's an amazing series. I remember beating that one like forever ago and just being in awe of the whole thing haha.

I'm in Trunk's boat. Too many games, too little time. And I've sunk waaaay too much time on ESO the last week lol.

I've got about 80 Xbox games, and I've only beaten maybe a dozen of them. The rest I've bought and played part way through, or never even tried yet. I'll bet there's 30 I've never tried lol.

Steam sales are the death of me too. I've got ~80 games on there also and maybe installed like 10? Let alone played them. I guess I'm more a fan of the *idea* of playing games, rather than playing them. If that makes sense.

I tend to not think of all of the games that I have sitting around, unplayed as my backlog... but more like, "Look at all of these games I have to keep me busy for the rest of my life. Yay!" haha Meaning, it just doesn't bother or stress me out. I mean I know some people that are so stressed out by the amount of games they have in their backlog, they actually catalog them all - as well as keep track of how many minutes played on each - just so that they make sure they are playing everything. Everything else is my life is already in order, on a list and on a schedule. The last thing I want is my main stress-relieving hobby to become that way :P

Because I buy games at full price so rarely, those are always my top priority and the games I normally end up playing to completion as soon as I get them. Since I just bought Wildstar, once that launches I will be primarily playing that to get my money's worth and the rest of my games will just be there as fillers when I get bored.

Well I game almost any day(however now I mostly looks at series at netflix, I gotta make it worth the cost ). However if I find a game I really like I play it whenever I can. Now lately I have started playing cd go(as well as some Diablo 3).

However soon I guess some mmo will occupy the time again.

I guess since I mostly play single-player games, it's not hard for me to get through my backlog haha. Sometimes i'll have a random urge to play a game I haven't played in a while, such as Chaos Legion. I got that game in like 2007 but I never got very far, and I had a random urge to play it back in like December. I was going to beat it, but I got a new HDTV for christmas and wanted to play a game that was HD, so I played Devil May Cry 4 (another game I bought but barely played). I got so sick of DMC4 though, I really don't like hack n slash games that much, so I officially gave up on it and decided to sell my copy (thus, freeing it from my backlog)

@epsilonx: yeah it does make sense. thanks for elaborating, and great job on getting rid of DMC4. haha! I didn't really like that game either, I like some hack & slash games, but then again, they can get pretty old due to repetitiveness

@Mizel: I wish I could be doing what you're doing, thats just amazing, you have it all planned out! knowing that most of us in this thread have busy lives.. like Trunks and ROFLBRYCE. I'll try my best to incorporate this with my game library...

@ROFLBRYCE: man! and here I am in my steam library with 22+ games. thats about how much I have, and half of them are installed, cause I do plan on playing them... at some point in my life. haha

Thread Information