Default Chicago Comic Con

Well. I thought I was having a bad day today, I haven't slept in about 28 hours now, and my girlfriend dropped a bomb on me.
    She told me about the Chicago Comic Con and how Matt Smith was going to be there. She told me because I've been supportive due to her medical issues that WE ARE, i put that in caps because she raised her voice in a hospital in front of everyone, going to that event.

So I am extremely excited right now that I am going in Aug. to that event. Wow... She is the best girlfriend anyone could ask for...

And as of right now this is the amount I am planning on spending just to get into the event and see Matt Smith:359.99

359.99: Matt Smith VIP.

This is going to be awesome...

EDIT: I misread the VIP perks... I wont be needing the 4 day ticket since they are including it in the package... Silly me...
    Last edited by Dividedbyzero; 06-04-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Nice, I hope you enjoy yourself there. I'm not much of a Dr. Who fan, so I had to Google who "Matt Smith" was.

I'm going to the NY Comic Con, no guest list for that yet.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Its one of the items on my bucket list.

When is the New York Comic Con? I've always wanted to go to New York

Usually the second weekend of October.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Hmm, I had not realized one was coming so close to where I live. Might have to check it out and see if I can manage tickets before they sell out.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

The Wizard world website has a complete listing of all Comic Cons coming up to 2015

Awwww dude, that is awesome! I am jealous :P

However, I've learned the hard way that VIP is pretty much a rip off at any con :/ $360 for merch that would have cost you $280, the only perk being that you get in the door (and in lines) first. I guess a "skip the line" pass is worth $80 to some. But I only say that because I made the mistake of buying VIP tickets for Celebration a few years ago. It sounded awesome, same perks (skip the line and entrance into the con 30 mins in advance) only there were so many other people doing it that it didn't even make a difference. 30 mins early isn't as awesome when *thousands* of other people are doing the same thing, same with the line. I actually spent less time in some lines for autographs that didn't offer VIP passes than I did waiting in the actual VIP lines. It was incredibly frustrating. And I was sooooo excited to meet Carrie, Ray Park, Mark Hamilton, etc.... and while it was awesome, it lasted a whole 20 seconds max. Not worth the $100/per imo.

That being said, the con was still really fun. I just wouldn't go the VIP route again.

Make sure you post us your pic with Matt
    Last edited by Mizel; 06-06-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Yeah... I expect the VIP "treatment" to not be worth the price of admission, so to speak. This is most likely the only time I will go to Comic Con so I'm doing the "Go big or go home" route. But you do make good points. I think its an hour or 30 minutes you get in before the rest of the crowd, you get a photo op with some famous people, some signed merch etc etc.

One thing that does really bother me... Is that it says for Matt Smith to sign something it has to be "PREMIUM Merch" I dont really understand that. I would like for him to sign my sonic screwdriver so I can hand that over to my girlfriend in front of him... Kinda like a promise ring type deal.

I did tell my buddy we were going and we came up with a crazy idea to mess with Matt Smith... If we do go together, I dont know if he will, I will dress up like the 9th doctor after getting my photo op and everything Im going to stop turn around get Matt's attention say the 9th doctor's final lines and have my buddy throw golden dust on me... After like 20 seconds be like "S*** it didnt work!" and run away like little girls.

Thread Information