Steam released results of their Hardware and Software survey again:

Steam Hardware & Software Survey

Some notable info:

Windows 7 64 bit - 46.53%
    Windows 8.1 64 bit - 25.52%
    Windows 10 64 bit - 0.32% - nice to see some people already using Win10

4GB RAM - 21.63%
    8GB RAM - 28.98%
    12GB+ - 12.50% - I have 16GB right now, I wonder what percentage that is.

They no longer differentiate between Intel and AMD cpu's, they only have Intel CPU speeds listed. Sad and weird.

10+ CPU - 0.36% (I wish I was this guy)
    4 CPU - 43.03%
    2 CPU - 49.27%
    1 CPU - 3.02%

Most popular resolution is 1920x1080 (32.94%) followed by 133x768 (26.68%)

68.76% of Gamers have Mics
    17.34% still do not

You can click on the link above for more information. This year's survey is not nearly as detailed as usual. It's missing a lot of info.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 01-20-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

That's pretty interesting to know. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with slow internet though! The total harddrive space surprised me. I didn't think that many people were between 250-500GB of total storage. I feel kind of spoiled now o.O

I am at 500 GB of storage XD

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

My desktop has 500gb and my laptop has 300.
    I do have a 1tb external hd though if that.. makes up for anything lol
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

I have 500 GB on my Laptop XD just to clarify. I am looking to upgrade to a newer one since my is pushing around 5 years old :s

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    That's pretty interesting to know. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with slow internet though! The total harddrive space surprised me. I didn't think that many people were between 250-500GB of total storage. I feel kind of spoiled now o.O
    Um...ignore the internet speed one. It was a copy/paste from the last time I posted it, I forgot to edit it out lol

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    My desktop has 500gb and my laptop has 300.
    I do have a 1tb external hd though if that.. makes up for anything lol
    I have 4.5 TB on this desktop, another 3TB on my Windows home server, 500gb on my Linux home server (this is a much older machine), 2 external 1tb drives, plus 5 or 6 more bare drives lying around here ranging from 500gb to 2tb each that I use with an external enclosure. I have 3 on my desk, I know I have more around here...

And at least ~500gb worth of Flash drives (I have 2x64gb and 1x32gb Flash Drives on my keychain), another ~200gb worth of memory cards (for my DSLR).

Most of the space on my two main drives (2tb worth) on this computer are used up. My Windows server is fairly new, only using about 20% disk space. I partitioned just 2 tb out of the 3 tb, saving the last TB unallocated for later.

I should delete all the raw images I've taken with my DSLR because I have like half a terabyte worth of it already, but storage is so cheap now, I'd rather just buy another hard drive. I know Newegg had a sale a couple days ago for a 1tb WD drive for $49. So why not?

Oh and Laptops, I have two 500gb ones, a 250gb one, my Chromebook is a 240gb ssd, and I also have a few laptop hard drives lying around which I don't use anymore because they're 40-80 gb each, so practically useless.

My first computer had a 6 GB hard drive. It wasn't overwhelming at all. Now I don't know where anything is.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 01-20-2015 at 07:50 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

I don't think you have to worry about running out of storage! That's insaaaaane haha. I can't remember where I saw it but there was a 4TB 3.5" HDD for like $70 a couple weeks back, not sure if you mind having an internal or buying a case for it or w/e for storage. My brother pointed it out, I'll have to find out where it was...

I have a 120GB SSD, 2TB HDD and a 1TB HDD in my main PC, and a 32GB SSD in my chromebook. I'm pretty damn set as far as my needs go, but I know my gf will fill them all up with anime sooner or later lol.

Yes Lemon it makes you part of the Terabyte Club! Welcome! And to Norid, may you be joining us soon with your upgrade!

Oh, I'll run out of space soon enough. Every time I go out stargazing, I come back with like 60 GB worth of images which I don't delete even if it's crappy.

Besides my Chromebook, I don't have any SSDs. When they get cheaper, I want to move my current boot drive stuff into that and turn this drive into secondary storage. I built this thing almost 3 years ago, when I hit 4 years, I'm probably gonna build another PC and turn this into a server too.

My dream right now is to get to 1 Petabyte. I'm about 1% there with everything.

The organizer in me is ready to rip into Linux's stash and make the most organized digital storage system everr.

I am truly honoured to barely scrape my way into the 1tb club :P
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    The organizer in me is ready to rip into Linux's stash and make the most organized digital storage system everr.

I am truly honoured to barely scrape my way into the 1tb club :P
    You're welcome to try.

Thread Information