Page 5840 of 5843 FirstFirst ... 4840534057405790583058385839584058415842 ... LastLast
Results 58,391 to 58,400 of 58421

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    People talked about a co-worker and the fact that he was a nerd. Then I mentioned I was also a nerd but then they responded by, "What, oh no you're no nerd."

So should I be offended(because I am a nerd) or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Or in my case(as I am mostly a fps fan)

"Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max!"

Maybe they meant you're not a nerd as in you're a geek. Some people are really specific about which term to use for which type of person.

So...friends and I thought we'd give D&D a try, none of us having played tabletop RPGs before. Had one friend over and we'd tried to go through the rules...yeah took like 3 hours with the starter set to understand a little bit. SO MUCH STUFF. We'll see how this goes when we get together in the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    So...friends and I thought we'd give D&D a try, none of us having played tabletop RPGs before. Had one friend over and we'd tried to go through the rules...yeah took like 3 hours with the starter set to understand a little bit. SO MUCH STUFF. We'll see how this goes when we get together in the next couple weeks.
    I would never have the patience for 3 hours

It would go like 30 minutes before going "Screw this, lets do it freestyle mode instead"

Finished my first play through of dragon age, sort of rushed it and made some bad calls XD

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

EEP!

Saw on facebook :s I am not computer savy, as I just invest in laptops. Can you explain what all that goodness means? Por favor.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

That is a case, power supply, hard drive, solid state, gaming motherboard and a processor. Woooowwww. Nice haul Mizel! Is that the 4670k CPU? What GPU are you using in that behemoth?

Quote Originally Posted by norid View Post
    Saw on facebook :s I am not computer savy, as I just invest in laptops. Can you explain what all that goodness means? Por favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    That is a case, power supply, hard drive, solid state, gaming motherboard and a processor. Woooowwww. Nice haul Mizel! Is that the 4670k CPU? What GPU are you using in that behemoth?
    Yupp, like ROFL said:

*power supply (self explanatory)
    *NZXT H630 case - I bought this case as soon as it was released. it has been sitting around for TWO years waiting for me to be in the position to buy what I wanted to fill it :P (this is a very large case which I mainly got because I plan on overclocking and will be setting up a custom watercooling loop... and I hate small, crammed cases. it's so nice to have a lot of space to work in haha and NZXT makes amazingly designed cases. i'm not sure if you've ever built your own computer, but the way the cases are set up are wonderful- for example my case has air flow screens on the bottom that slid back and forth, they have sound dampening, etc etc )
    *hard drive (self explanatory)
    *Samsung EVO 500GB SSD (I'm going to try and explain this best I can haha Basically, an SSD has no moving parts compared to a hard drive, which means it loads remarkably faster in comparison. So with a normal hard drive, your information is stored and kept for when you need it. With an SSD, instead of being stored, everything is available all the time. I guess the best example I can come up with is a hard drive is like if you have a wardrobe with all of your clothes in it, where you have to go in and find what you want. But an SSD is like having your clothes all spread out all the time, so there is no need to go searching. That is why they are so much faster. My SSD should fully and completely boot up Windows in about 15 seconds flat.)
    *MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo (gaming motherboards just generally offer more power overall and more features (such as 2 video card slots), they offer a little more control over the BIOS (which is great when you're planning on overclocking). they also tend to be a little higher quality because of this)
    *and yupp! The Intel Core i5-4690K processor (Haswell, *drools*) - (basically, just means more power/faster). Thought about going for the i7, but man.... the price difference compared to performance difference was just not worth it to me.

I'm currently using a GeForce GTX 560 Ti. Whomp whomp haha Next step.... GTX 980 haha I wish! If I only had $600 to spend :P Honestly, what I really want to do? SLI GTX 970's >.>

The reason that I grabbed an extra PSU and hard drive is because I'm taking my old machine/parts and turning it into an htpc
    Last edited by Mizel; 12-15-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Information