Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xbox unbans all consoles

Just saw this pop up on youtube. It seems Anonymous, from my understanding, has threaten Microsoft and in return they removed all console bans. DJ Keemstar, if you dont know him, was console banned 15 times his consoles now work.

Im not sure if anonymous is threatening them or not but its getting a little freaky on what they are doing. Also the PSN is still down, is Sony trying to upgrade/update their security protocols or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_syvd...&feature=feedu

I've heard that Sony's going to be spending time to up their security, but this is like the third time that they've "beefed" up security and it's gotten blown through like it's a piece of 1 ply tissue paper. Pretty interesting about the unbanning thing on Live.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Anon wasnt behind PSN...
    If the do something they usually claim the credit, in the PSN case they did the opposite.
    But yea, Anon is behind attacks on our politicans because of the Data Retention Directive.
    Guess they've become tired of beeing pushed around by people they pay good money to. :P

Sig. by Psychotray

I still wouldnt screw with anonymous they arent someone i would want to anger.

Who was behind the PSN Exe, it just seems like everyone is pointing their finger at anonymous because of that one situation. That kid who hacked something and made it public on youtube. Thats what I remember.

Just because Anon claims it's not them doesn't mean it's not. Anonymous isn't exactly one big organized party.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    Just because Anon claims it's not them doesn't mean it's not. Anonymous isn't exactly one big organized party.
    True, but it still dosent fit their mo.

Anonymous isn't exactly one big organized party.
    How do you know? :P

At any rate i dont like any of this either... I dont need some people i dont even know who is, to "Stand up for my rights" just because they don't agree with some decision.
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 04-27-2011 at 02:07 AM.

I've got friends who go on /b/ and generally follow some of the crap Anon does, and I've seen some strong disagreements among the ranks on some subjects. Would go well to assume it's not a "We all act or none of us do" ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    True, but it still dosent fit their mo.

From what I can dig up on the internet the biggest thing about anonymous is they are leaderless there is no structure. If enough people are for or against something they will act. hence them attacking Casey's school network, or just being complete aholes and killing the end of the harry potter book by telling who killed dumbdore at the midnight release of the book.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 04-27-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    From what I can dig up on the internet the biggest thing about anonymous is they are leaderless there is no structure. If enough people are for or against something
    There's not a lot of structure in the planning. There are, literally, thousands of people who visit 4chan, and since it's an image-board (no saved threads. New one is made, oldest one gets deleted.) it's hard to get a thread for the people involved all inside and to follow. There could be one group that logged on, say Monday, and planned the initial Sony take-down, and are now going "Nope, not us!" Doesn't mean a second group planned what's going on now on Tuesday. They would not have the first thread to refer to in going "No, lets NOT take this further" or it could in fact be a select few of the first group, remaining anonymous to..well, Anonymous and causing this crap now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    or just being complete a-holes and killing the end of the harry potter book by telling who killed Dumbledore at the midnight release of the book.
    Group of kids on eBaum's World, not Anon ;P
    Last edited by ROFLBRYCE; 04-27-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Its crazy what the internet can do.

Thread Information