Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft is probably one of the most popular MMORPG ( Massive Multilayer Online Role Playing Game ) ever. It was released in North America on November 23, 2004. Though you had to pay a subscription fee of 15 US dollars a month, it still became very popular.

Before you can start playing the game you pick a faction. Their are two different factions in the game. There is the Alliance which consist of: Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans, Night Elves and Draenei. You may call the Alliance the "good guys". The other faction is called the Horde which involve the: Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, undead and Blood Elves. The Horde are known as the "bad guys". After picking your faction and race you then pick what class you want. The different classes are: Druids, Hunters, Mages, paladins, priests, rouges, shamans, warlocks and warriors.

After you get all that out of the way you can start playing. When you start off there are thousands of quest that you are able to do. They range from level 1 to level 70. Some quest are impossible to do on your own, so you can join a group to complete the quest. If you don't want to level by just quest, you can also group up with 4 other players and do an instance. In instances almost all of the mobs are stronger than normal mobs. since they are stronger you also get more experience when you kill these, so it could be better leveling than quest. Their are also multiple bosses in each instance which are hard with even five people. Apart from experience you get rare drops. Which sell for a lot more and are a lot better if you decide to use them.

After you level up to 70 you may be wondering what else in the game you can do. Well, like most MMORPG their is PvP (Player vs Player). You can go into Battlegrounds and fight against the other factions. There are different games like Capture the flag which is self explanatory. Their is another where you have to hold five territories from the other faction. Who ever holds the most territories for the longest wins. Then their is one more PvP game. Like the other you can hold the territories, but while doing this you can also kill bosses set in the Battleground which gives you even more points, so your team can win. Then their is always the Team Death Match games known as Arena. Where you team up of teams consisting of: 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5. In Arena you can go up against your own faction instead of just the enemy faction. You can also do huge raids, which consist of 15 people. You can then go attack enemy cities or go into instances and fight battles anywhere from 5 minutes long to 2 hours long.

So all in all I think World of Warcraft is a great game. Graphics wise the game isn't top of the line, but it's good enough to keep you occupied. Like most MMORPG's there is some lag when you enter area's with tons of people, that is expected though. The game may get boring after awhile. It just depends what your into and if you like games based on quest and teamwork. If you find a good guild you can get into the game really fast and have a lot of fun with it.

Graphics - 9/10
    It's not top of the line, but some of the abilities are cool to watch.

Game Play - 9/10
    This is one of the funnest games I have ever played to be honest.

Life Span - 10/10
    I'll probably get a lot of disagreements, but If you get into this game you won't be able to stop playing. Unless you run out of money to pay for it, like I did

Story Line - 6/10
    There's not much of a storyline into this game. They did attempt and it's in there if you look for it.

Overall - 9/10
    Like I said before if you get into this game, you'll have a great time.
    Last edited by Trunks; 07-22-2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: fixed something.

nice WoW Review - still reading over a few - i have a few friends that play WoW a lot, blackleo being one of them lol - i always wanted to try it but i am against P2P games - don't feel like paying monthly to play games - would rather save money and do something else with it

also didn't get it because i get hooked on RPGs and MMORPGs and i waste a lot of time lol, so i am afraid to do that, not a kid anymore that I can afford to play 12 hrs a day

good review, great screenshots as well
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Nice review Trunks...

I've tried the free 1 month trial
    Its a good game... just a bit pricey if you ask me...

Nice review. Tried the game off a friends account. Was fun, but a bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspawn View Post
    Nice review. Tried the game off a friends account. Was fun, but a bit slow.
    bit slow as in lag? or like leveling and stuff?

also i might give WoW a go this December after my term is over I might as well play cuz I am planning on going to europe for a term next year
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

You level fast in WoW compared to other MMORPG's....

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    You level fast in WoW compared to other MMORPG's....
    ah..guess he meant game lag then lol

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    bit slow as in lag? or like leveling and stuff?

also i might give WoW a go this December after my term is over I might as well play cuz I am planning on going to europe for a term next year
    I meant leveling wise. Not as bad as Mapelstory and other such games though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspawn View Post
    I meant leveling wise. Not as bad as Mapelstory and other such games though.
    oh....maybe you're not doing it fast enough lol...confusing when 1 person says its fast and another says its slow lol

If you level from quest, it's a lot faster than, FF 11, Maple Story, flyff and silkroad. All the MMORPG's I could think of that I played. People level from 1 to 70 in less than a month, it doesn't take too long to do. In FF 11 it will take you 6-8 months.

Thread Information