Default Paladin Re-make (D3)

Artical from 1up.com.
    Seemingly every detail of Diablo 3 has sparked a controversy, from its art style to both of the first two character classes that been revealed. It's not surprising given the sort of diehard fanbase the game's predecessors have garnered, and even Diablo 3 lead designer Jay Wilson admitted to VideoGamer.com that he would hate Blizzard too if he were just a fan. Talk about one helluva way to temper expectations. But what he said after that was what really caught the eye -- that the third Diablo 3 class will seem familiar to series vets.
    "All the barbarian players are delighted and all the necromancers hate us. I understand, I don't begrudge them that. I would hate me too! But what I would say is that when we announce the next class, which is quite similar to a previous class, then all those players will hate us too. You can't make everybody happy, but I think when the game finally come out players will find there's a good class for them, one they will love as much as the ones that came before. And if they don't, I absolutely promise that in the expansions we'll consider bringing back old classes. We just don't want to do it with the first release. We want to establish our identity."
    The comparisons between the Necromancer and Witch Doctor aren't difficult to draw, and it sounds like the next class will be another reinvention of an existing class. We know the decision to go that route with the Necromancer was simply a matter of being unable to improve any further on a class Blizzard believed to be nearly perfect. Looking at the remaining roster of Diablo II characters and looking at what Diablo III is lacking so far, it's easy to imagine a new Sorceress-type class or a Druid-Amazon hybrid. Personally, I plan on holding out hope that this new class draws upon the Paladin. I won't be mad if you make it happen, Blizzard. Promise.

okay. I like variety, I just hope that there's a clear character for beginners.

Thread Information