Default Warner Bros plans 'I Am Legend' prequel

Warner Bros. has set in motion a prequel to the Will Smith starrer "I Am Legend."

The plan is for Smith to reprise his role as scientist Robert Neville, with Francis Lawrence returning to direct. Akiva Goldsman and his Weed Road banner will produce with James Lassiter, Smith’s partner in Overbrook Entertainment.

The studio has set D.B. Weiss to write a script that is based on a detailed outline that was hatched over the past few months by Smith, Goldsman, Lassiter and Lawrence.

The prequel will chronicle the final days of humanity in New York before a man-made virus caused a plague that left Smith’s character the lone survivor among a mutated mob in the city.

Making a prequel was the only way to extend a franchise that grossed $584 million worldwide for Warner Bros. and keep Smith in the lead role. His character was killed in the first film, after extracting a potential cure for the virus for the scattered survivors.

Weiss at present is scripting the adaptation of Neil Strauss’ book "The Game" for Spyglass Entertainment. He’s also working on a project for Relativity, "Kashmir."
    Link

This sounds like a stupid idea.
    Last edited by Scott; 09-26-2008 at 07:27 PM.

I kinda liked I am Legend so I will at least give it a chance.

i'll give it a chance as well, I am Legend was a great movie and as always Will Smith did great acting

but they are doing it to make a hit since they still want Will Smith to lead, can't do that on a sequel lol, that would be the stupid idea
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I don't really see how they are going to do it. Kind of seems dumb to me, but I'll watch it anyway. I also watch movies with will smith in it.

well part of why I am Legend was good is because the only times there were a lot of people was in flashbacks or a the very end. it keeps a lonely atmosphere. I for one, will not be seeing this movie

im probably gonna watch it, gotta see the will smith movies, and this movie could be great, really liked the original so i am keeping my hopes up
    i sign here

Thread Information