Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a good rpg

Default need a good rpg

Ok, I want a realy good rpg, but I dont know what to get. I need one for 40$ or lower, ranges from the ps2, ps3, ps1, wii, gamecube, or DS, and dont say sonic cronicles, have it.

Oblivion is a good RPG game, its really long it takes days and days to finish it.

God Of War? i haven't played it that thoroughly but I've read great reviews, and more than once choices on here
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I would say Oblivion, and God of War is good, i've played 1 and 2, its good, but difficult at times trying to figure out some stuff.
    Winner of 9 Sig of the Weeks | Member since April 8th 2007

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    God Of War? i haven't played it that thoroughly but I've read great reviews, and more than once choices on here
    God of War isn't a rpg, it's a hack n slash action game of 100% awesome. And just because it has level ups does not=RPG. For the OP, well Fallout 3 for PS3 is coming out very soon and Valkyria Chronicles/Eternal Sonata is as well for PS3. One that hasn't been mentioned Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice has gotten positive reactions

go old school. Legend of Dragoon (PS1) is the best RPG i have ever played. Everything from the story, to the battle system, to the soundtrack, to the graphics, to the characters, is amazing. Definitely buy it, especially at the price it sells for. And at the risk of sounding cliche, Final Fantasy 7 (if you can afford it). While it's not as good as everyone says, it's a solid RPG (if a little unbalanced, both story and gameplay wise) with pretty good music, interesting and memorable characters, and among the best video game cover arts of all time.

For PS2 RPG's, if you're a hardcore RPG player, go for a shin megami tensei game (persona 3 came out a while ago, persona 4 comes out this year, and Eternal Poison comes out very soon. Nocturne is also very good, but buy used.) the only bad thing about shin megami tensei games is that they are extremely difficult. so if you want something easier...

final fantasy 10, xenosaga, star ocean: til the end of time, suikoden 3, are all solid choices.

for PS3....there's enchanted arms and oblivion. I personally don't like oblivion.

perhaps go portable and get either dragon quest 4 or final fantasy 3/4. Final Fantasy 3 is more customizable in terms of character abilities, but 4 has a much stronger story

if you're into strategy RPG's, you could get front mission (DS), Front Mission 3 (ps1) or Front Mission 4 (PS2) which are all mech based RPGs. There's also Final Fantasy tactics for PS1 (or a psp remake, but you didn't list PSP) and theres final fantasy 12, advance wars, and fire emblem/golden sun (can't remember which) all on DS. PS2 and PS3 have the Disgaea series, which have gotten good reviews.

If you're more into shooters with RPG elements, you can get Bioshock or Fallout 3 on PS3 which come out this year.

I'll list RPG's you should look into by system.

PS1: Legend of Dragoon, any Final Fantasy (7 is the standout), Front Mission 3, Suikoden 1/2 (good luck affording them though), Xenogears

PS2: star ocean til the end of time, xenosaga series, Front Mission 4, Disgaea hour of darkness, Rogue Galaxy, Shin Megami Tensei Series, Radiata Stories, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII.

PS3: Enchanted Arms, Oblivion. Coming Soon: Bioshock, Fallout 3, Valkyria Chronicles

DS: any Final Fantasy game, Dragon Quest 4, Front Mission, Advance Wars, fire emblem/golden sun/whatever (i always get them confused haha)

Wii: i can't think of any Wii RPG's. But I really want Okami, which is zelda-style.

Gamecube: Final Fantasy crystal Chronicles, Tales of whatever.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 10-07-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Oblivion is a must, days upon months and maybe even a year to complete once.
    I dunno, I don't play a huge amount of RPG's.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

I will go with

Tears to Tiara - Kakan no Daichi for Playstation 3 ^^
    Last edited by Blackbird; 10-14-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

try perfect world and if you dont want online then try witcher

I'd say Xenogears, but ya said you needed something not so costly.
    So I'd recommend the following:

Like Epsilon said, you can't go wrong with Legend of Dragoon (PS1).
    For PS2 try out the Xenosaga series or Radiata Stories.
    For PS3, again, yes, Oblivion.

Thread Information