Threaded View

Default October is Scary games month!

I looked online and all the scary game lists sucked. Since it is scary games month i wanted to take the time to post what I consider some of the best scary games of all time just for fun, with a number from one to ten to indicate how scary I found it:

-Amnesia Dark Descent 11
    Any list that does not have this as number one is nonsense. This game takes the power out of your hands like a good Clock Tower game, but in first person with dark and scary environments.

-Dead Space 5
    I see a lot of websites claiming that the cheap scare tactics and gore in games like Dead Space in the number one spot. Let me tell you, when I play i feel sorry for those poor necromorphs. This game is only slightly scary if you jump easy, and even then only on the first play through.

Aliens vs. Predator 2 (marine) 7
    Endless waves of aliens tearing after you while you weld doors shut and try to conserve your dwindling ammunition? This game had some of the most intense moments of terror featured in PC gaming.

Fatal Frame II 9
    The scariest game I have ever played on the PS2, hands down.

Killing Floor 6
    Mostly an action game, but if you play alone late at night surviving this can be intense.

Doom 3, 8
    Play it with the brightness ALL THE WAY DOWN and this become a terrifying game.

L4d1-2 3
    Not really scary, maybe if you are new to gaming. Mostly just fun killing zombies.

Dead Island 5
    The survival focus and melee combat make this a decently difficult game. Can be pretty scary at times, on the right difficulty setting.

STALKER 7
    This game I havent gotten very far in, but its still got some pretty scary elements to it. This rating is just a rough calculation.

Anyways, I plan on working though some scary games this month and hopefully updating my list. If you guys have any recommendations or want to compare scores for fear factor, feel free. Its all personal opinion after a point.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information